- Company Name: Wells Fargo
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
- Job Type: Full-time
About This Role
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Accountant to join the Controllers Division, based in Toronto.
The Controllers Division delivers subject matter expertise, counsel, governance, and oversight for all Wells Fargo controllership activities to the business units and staff groups. Key responsibilities include ensuring the Branch’s books and records are in accordance with both IFRS and US GAAP, generating accurate financial statements and regulatory reports, maintaining adequate internal controls over the financial data produced, and supporting the Branch’s business initiatives including new products, business expansions, acquisitions and dispositions, and any other initiatives or activities as necessary.
In This Role, You Will
- Provide key support around preparing US and Canadian regulatory reports and related financial reporting
- Provide consultation to controller leaders for financial accounting-related matters
- Gather and review financial data for financial and regulatory reports
- Review data from the general ledger, unit reports, and various financial systems to ensure accuracy
- Prepare and review account reconciliations and certifications
- Review financial accounting procedures, processes, and systems to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Perform ongoing financial control functions in accordance with internal controls policies
- Provide functional advice and training to individuals as appropriate
- Provide support for compliance and risk management requirements
- Collaborate and consult with stakeholders throughout the enterprise
- 2+ years of Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Financial Reporting, Accounting Reporting or Risk Reporting experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience in financial accounting and regulatory reporting (i.e., OSFI or US regulatory reporting)
- University degree in business, finance, or accounting with a focus on Accounting
- Professional accounting designation, preferably an International CA/CPA or equivalent
- Strong analytic, accounting, and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with great attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Excel or digital tools like Alteryx
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- A self-starter with excellent time management skills that can plan and deliver against deadlines
- Well organized and can see the ‘big picture along with the details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, and written)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk-mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for the execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effectively escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is an emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification, and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in the US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.