Ethical Jobs Melbourne
|Post Name||Administration Officer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 55439 To AUD 71194 Per Year|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3000|
About the role:
The purpose of the Biological Sciences Group Administration is to:
- Provide ongoing administration to Section 464 of the Crimes Act 1958 to ensure the Group’s responsibilities are met.
- Provide high-level administrative assistance, including the creation, maintenance, and management of various sensitive records. Compilation of statistics, preparation of audit lists, reports, and correspondence.
The Administration Officer is responsible for providing a quality administration support service to the Biological Sciences Group (BSG), processing complex and urgent paperwork, particularly in relation to the effective administration of person DNA samples taken under s464 Crimes Act 1958.
Victoria Police is a contemporary and agile workplace and supports flexible working arrangements.
As the successful applicant, some of your duties will include:
- Create and manage various sensitive records and registers as required by the Group.
- Prepare and maintain records, and filing systems and distribute documentation and correspondence appropriately.
- Respond to customer inquiries, providing initial information and advice regarding case status and person DNA sample management.
- Provide high-level administrative assistance to the Group, including the compilation of statistics, preparation of audit lists, reports, and correspondence.
- Provide recommendations to management on administrative procedures, as appropriate.
- Maintain and monitor records in relation to Section 464 of the Crimes Act 1958 to ensure DNA person samples are retained or destroyed according to legislation.
- Provide advice to Forensic Case Managers and Police Members on the validity and status of personal DNA samples.
Skills & Experience
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in performing a range of administrative support duties including the preparation of reports and correspondence, minute taking, and basic research activities.
- Appropriate word processing and computer skills including the ability to develop and maintain appropriate work recording and monitoring systems.
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to undertake and complete several activities within acceptable timeframes.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to deal competently with senior police members, external agencies, and other personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to function within a team environment and deal appropriately with sensitive and highly confidential information and issues.
- An understanding of the customer service requirements of the position and a demonstrated record of strong commitment and achievement in meeting customer needs.
- A proven record of ethical behavior and a demonstrated commitment to the Victoria Police Code of Ethics and Conduct, Financial Code of Practice, and Organisational Values.
Requirements and relevant information:
- Positions are located at 31 Forensic drive Macleod, Victoria.
- Ongoing and fixed-term (to Feb 2023) positions are available
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include fingerprint checks and misconduct screening.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a DNA sample (buccal swab) for use in laboratory quality control procedures (elimination purposes only).
- Applicants must be Australian citizens, Permanent residents, or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- In accordance with the Acting Chief Health Officer’s Direction – COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions, you are required to be fully vaccinated and your employment with Victoria Police is subject to proof of vaccination.