Professional Services Cloud Consultant Intern
- Company Name: Amazon Web Services Canada, In
Location: Toronto, ON
Job Type: Full-time
Full Job Description
Enrolled in a degree program (e.g. Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree) in a STEM-related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Business related fields, with a conferral date between December 2023 and August 2024
- Experience with one or more of the following: networking fundamentals, security, databases (relational and/or NoSQL), operating systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows), CI/CD fundamentals (version control, build/deployment automation, configuration management)
Do you want to experiment with innovative technologies, including Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, and the Internet of Things? Are you passionate about educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing solutions for a diverse set of customers?
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking interns to join our AWS Professional Services Internship program. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing business and to deliver value to AWS customers of all sizes from startups to global brands. The skills and experiences you gain will be highly sought after throughout the industry and give you the opportunity for the career of a lifetime.
The AWS Professional Services organization is a global team of experts that helps AWS customers realize their desired business outcomes when using the AWS Cloud. We deliver focused guidance through our global specialty practices, which cover a variety of solutions, technologies, and industries. In addition to working alongside our customers, we share our experience through tech talk webinars, White Papers, and blog posts that are available to anyone.
As a Professional Services intern, you will gain hands-on experience in cloud computing, develop business acumen, and learn about Amazon’s peculiar culture. You will work on projects, have the opportunity to obtain AWS certifications, and attend professional development events.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, selected interns will receive a full-time offer to join the Professional Services and go into the AWS Technical training program. This program is an accelerated career development program for recent graduates and early career professionals entering technical roles to advance their skills and help customers design flexible and resilient cloud-based solutions. While in this program, you will learn key technical and professional skills from top AWS subject matter experts that you can use in your career working with AWS’s customers.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks, starting May/June 2023. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
The program offers the opportunity to specialize in an area of interest including:
- DevOps -* A leader in building advanced computing platforms using automation, such as CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as code, and utilizing the strengths of cloud computing to build scalable and economical systems for customers.
- Cloud Infrastructure Architect -* An expert in building AWS environments and helping customers migrate workloads to AWS. Core domains are Networking, Storage, Compute, Security, Performance & Cost Optimization, and Cloud Governance & Management. They have expertise with Infrastructure automation (Terraform, CloudFormation, Python) and optimizing cloud operations through automation.
- Application Development -* Engineer who specializes in building highly scalable, distributed, cloud-native applications that harness the power of the cloud to solve complex business problems. This role harnesses a wide array of technical skills to assemble the building blocks provided by AWS into solutions that enable enterprises to deliver value to their customers.
- Product Management -* This role will work alongside our Advisory consultants, in architecting technical products and building product roadmaps for AWS customers. This role utilizes AWS consulting skills like stakeholder management, defining business objectives, solution architecture (technology, data, and business blueprints), data-driven decisions, and driving product roadmaps at engagements. There are opportunities to learn how to create empathy maps, requirements/needs analysis, business cases, operating models, innovation workshops, and create outcomes consistent with customer contracts and AWS framework recommendations.
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation by the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services such as EC2, ELB, RDS, VPC, Route53, and S3
- Basic experience setting up cloud environment with AWS
- Basic experience in container technologies such as Docker
- Basic experience with infrastructure as code tools (CDK, Terraform), ops automation, and configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or another legally protected status. If you would like to request accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.