Controller Jobs In Los Angeles
|Post Name||Assistant Controller|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree In Accounting Or Business-related Major|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90071|
Overview: DigitalBridge Group, Inc. is seeking an Assistant Controller who will be responsible for the accounting and reporting of the company’s long-term incentive programs, including management personnel investment entities, and employee equity plan.
This person will report to the Vice President in the Upper Tier Accounting and Reporting group. This person will have exposure to GP level and Fund level investment accounting in various funds managed by the company.
In addition, this position will help oversee the administration of employee equity plan and related reporting and analyses, preparation of board materials, and occasional assistance on special projects with the Managing Director of the group.
- Review all aspects of accounting and reporting for GP and management investment entities
- Include capital activities, various reports, bank reconciliations, investment management fees, etc.
- Prepare and review all capital activity for capital calls and distributions
- Prepare capital call/distribution models and notices
- Perform liquidation analysis and help dissolve entities that are no longer needed
- Prepare and review the completion of all monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports
- Include quarterly partner summary of investments, annual (unaudited) financial statements, etc.
- Work with tax department on Upper Tier tax issues
- Include partner withholding tax analysis and information required for Schedule K-1 and income tax return
- Communicate to partners/investors as needed
- Distribute notices and/or statements via the investor portal
- Maintain and update partner records
- Help respond to questions that partners may have
- Help administer the employee equity plan and related reporting and analysis
- Help document and innovate new procedures, processes, reconciliations, reports, and analyses to improve overall efficiency
- Assist with other special analyses and financial modeling as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related major
- Prior similar experience is desired
- A CPA license is a plus
- Prior management experience
- Proficiency in Excel with prior modeling experience is desired but not required
- Must feel comfortable dealing with confidential information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Self-motivated and display initiative
The position is primarily remote with a requirement to report to the downtown LA office once a week and may occasionally be more frequent depending on work circumstances. We are seeking qualified candidates available to start immediately.