|Hiring Organization||Wests City|
|Post Name||Football Operations Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 55000 To AUD 65000 Per Year|
|Location||Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia 2302|
About usThe nib Newcastle Knights are an Australian professional Rugby League Football Club based in Newcastle, New South Wales. The Knights compete in Australasia’s rugby league competition, the National Rugby League (NRL) premiership.
We are owned by The Wests Group Australia, Newcastle’s owned and operated (not-for-profit) membership-based organization. At the nib Newcastle Knights, we live and breathe our core values: Compete, Selfless, Humble, and Respectful.
We strive to embed these values into our everyday actions, fostering a ‘team first attitude and a deeper connection with the greater community.
About the positionA newly created position, the Football Operations Assistant will play a critical role in supporting the General Manager of Football and Football Operations Manager to deliver operational, logistical, budget, and administrative requirements for the Newcastle Knights NRL and Pathways teams:
- Assist all operational requirements for the Newcastle Knights NRL and Pathways teams.
- Coordinate and manage all player travel logistics, including transport and accommodation, catering, travel itinerary, travel documentation, and any other requirements.
- Supporting the coordination of all trial games, including Junior Representative Invited Trails.
- Assist in the management of all game days.
- Prepare reports and attend meetings as required.
- Demonstrate and uphold exceptional safety standards at all times, in accordance with any workplace health and safety requirements to ensure your own safety and the safety of others.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders and personnel from all departments.
About youOur ideal candidate will have professional Rugby League experience in a similar capacity, excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with an ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff, officials, and stakeholders.
Attention to detail with a high level of professionalism, great organization, and time management skills with the ability to deliver multiple tasks, a positive approach with a strong team focus, and a customer service ethic.
Energetic and enthusiastic, with an ability to adapt to different demands, such as varied work hours and workload, tight deadlines, and a preparedness to work weekends and non-traditional hours as required.
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to create a work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, and education are valued to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.