|Post Name||Legal Associate|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Law|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||28000/- To 32000/- Per Hour|
|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India 560001|
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide support and guidance to branches on the legal questions on matters relating to credit, retail, wholesale, default, foreclosure, collections, premises, outsourcing contracts, software contracts, and other questions relating to banking, as may be referred by the branches.
- Providing legal opinions under various laws, rules, and regulations touching the bank’s business matters, including the Banking Laws, RBI Regulations, FEMA, Companies laws, Business Laws, Criminal Laws, Civil Laws, etc., whereby the transactions are done compliant to the rules and regulations.
- Handling credit documentation-related matters and advising the branches and other offices of the Bank on various documentation-related issues and drafting the necessary documents, wherever standard ones are not available, in accordance with the business requirements.
- Advice the relevant business/operations teams on IBC, Structured Finance, Capital Market Transaction (equity and debt), M&A, Private Equity, IPR Structured Finance transactions
Drafting of non-standard documentation on a case-to-case basis and examination of standard documentation for modifications being suggested by clients.
- Manage serious and complex litigation and serve as a liaison to outside counsel litigating the matter.
- Serve as the primary legal support for branches, business units, and other offices of the Bank and provide advice and guidance in regard to day-to-day matters such as account documentation, cheque processing, wrongful payment issues, and other operational issues related to the banking, as may be referred by the branches.
- Advice on legal issues relating to new product features and all marketing efforts related to the promotion of these products and also assist in developing policies and procedures compliant with applicable state and central laws.
- Review and advise on vendor contracts the related to bank’s business operations.
- Serve as primary legal support for marketing, in the review of vendor agreements, and working with outside counsel in the case of celebrity and sports team endorsement agreements.
- Advising on premises-related matters and drafting and vetting of the Lease, Leave and License agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, ATM Agreements, etc. Drafting deeds, agreements, bonds, notices, etc.
- Monitor and update business as well as operating units of the bank on the legal environment (e.g. changes in state or central laws, rules and regulations, court decisions, etc.) to ensure awareness of actual and pending changes in each area of legal responsibility and communicate information internally as appropriate
- Retain and serve as a liaison to and monitor the performance of outside counsel in order to contain costs.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by General Counsel and/or group heads.