|Post Name||Carpenters – Frame and Truss|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 28 Per Hour|
|Location||Christchurch, New Zealand 7476|
- Do you have a keen interest in Production or the Building Industry?
- Are you physically fit and ready for a new challenge?
- A busy and team-oriented role based out of CARTERS Christchurch Manufacturing.
Day and Night shift roles are available Now!
Our Christchurch Manufacturing Plant is seeking experienced Carpenters to join our Day and Nightshift Frame and Truss teams. Business is booming, and they need additional dedicated and motivated team players to help keep up the pace.
As a Carpenter, your main duties will include the fabrication of wall frames, roof trusses, floor cassettes, and other engineered structural timber components using state-of-the-art equipment and machinery.
In addition to a positive, supportive, professional work environment with excellent career opportunities, we are offering:
- Guaranteed 48 hours per week.
- Day and night shift options are available.
- 7.5% Benefits Plan, which includes Superannuation, Permanent Death & Disability Insurance, and Southern Cross Medical Insurance, not to mention a voluntary savings scheme!
- Uniform, Tools & PPE.
You will need the below skillset:
- Minimum 3 years of Carpentry experience.
- Alternatively, ANZSCO Level 3/NZQF Level 4 Qualification.
- Ideally, experience in frame and truss manufacturing.
- Experience studying drawings and specifications.
- Previous experience using power tools, hand tools, and nail guns essential.
- Cutting materials, assembling, and nailing cut and shaped parts.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Computer literate.
- Good communications skills.
- Physically fit as this role includes manual handling.
- Drivers license with own reliable transport.
- Good attitude and willingness to learn new things.
- Be able to pass a pre-employment medical and drug test.