Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix
|Post Name||Cash Manager|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 11 To CAD 12 Per Hour|
|Location||Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2T 1N4|
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty, and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the center of everything you do.
Why is this role important?
Support the Store Manager in managing the human and financial resources of the store to ensure the achievement of store objectives with a focus on front management, personnel management, and customer service
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead by example by applying the best customer service practices at Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix.
- Support cash management loss prevention and cashier processes to reduce risk.
- Participate in the hiring and integration of new cashiers.
- Ensure that all staff members have completed the till training and customer service training in SDMU/UPHX.
- Identify and train supervisors among existing cashiers, if possible.
- Follow up with supervisors to ensure the transmission of communications during daily evening and weekend meetings and send information in a timely manner, as needed.
- Update the procedure chart with the tasks identified during the store tour.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Proactively engage with customers, especially during busy periods.
- In collaboration with the Store Manager, ensure that all product-related processes are executed efficiently.
- Highlighting new products, emphasizing to staff the need to share upcoming events with customers, and recognizing top contributors to the ISSC during the daily or shift briefing.
- Coach and train all new merchandising employees on store standards.
- Ensure that exceptional service is provided to customers and exceeds all expectations, according to store operating standards.
- Ensure that the image that employees present to the public is appropriate and in accordance with uniform policy and dress code guidelines (e.g. clean appearance, approved uniform, personalized badge).
- Respond to inquiries (e.g. location of items, backorders) and resolve customer complaints within guidelines.
- Demonstrate product knowledge and know the location of products throughout the store.
- Empower employees to ensure customer satisfaction.
Marketing and merchandising
- Oversee the execution of store marketing programs.
- Highlight new products or exclusive products during daily briefings.
- Ensure employees are aware of upcoming events to share with customers.
- Recognize the best contributors to the ISSC.
- Oversee the PC Optimum program including communications and performance review and track individual performance for a number of registered customers and emails collected by Operator ID.
- Assist the Store Manager in ensuring compliance with all marketing programs and initiatives, including:
- Retail price management.
- Planograms, mandatory programs, and merchandising techniques.
- Implementation of the flyer and local advertising initiatives.
- Create and maintain appropriate displays to reflect seasonal and promotional programs.
- Ensure value-added activities are set up and taken down according to schedule.
- In collaboration with the Store Manager, ensure that the signage in the store corresponds to the programs, policies, and procedures in force.
- Ensure restocking orders in the absence of the store manager.
- Contribute to the process of hiring cashiers and supervisors (make recommendations to the store manager).
- Ensure staff are well trained in all aspects of their role and provide ongoing coaching and direction.
- Collaborate with the Store Manager for ongoing employee performance management and development, including performance review and progressive disciplinary action.
- Comply with employment laws.
- Ensure employees comply with policies and procedures.
- Help achieve sales growth goals.
- Contribute to the effective management of expenses.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Adhere to all store policies and procedures.
- Adhere to loss prevention policies and procedures and ensure their execution in the department.
- Ensure store standards are met.
- Maintain confidentiality in all respects in all matters relating to Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix franchise stores and their operations.
- Perform other duties as required.
Management, supervision, and leadership:
- Support all non-pharmacy store employees.
- Give instructions under the supervision of the store manager.
Planning, judgment, and decision making
- Independent Thinking and Decision Making – Make decisions when issues arise while the Store Manager is unavailable.
- Discuss major changes with the store manager.
- Possess the ability to plan, coordinate and delegate tasks and provide coaching to employees.
- Plan and prepare inventory management.
- Monitor service levels on stock unit quantities to control inventory.
- Determine excess inventory and develop a liquidation strategy.
- See and recognize superior employee performance.
- Collaborate with the Store Manager to create an in-store training program for employees.
- Work with the Store Manager to achieve company financial goals.
- Use good judgment and make good decisions to control expenses.
- Proven ability to develop business and lead by example.
- Ability to support all company programs.
- Ability to quickly prioritize activities in response to change initiatives.
- Ability to work effectively with all employees and management teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Supervisory experience.
- Retail or grocery experience.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective time management ability.
- Financial analysis ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, which may include evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
The above statement provides the general details considered necessary to describe the main duties and tasks required for the proper evaluation of this position, and should not be construed as a description of all the work requirements inherent in the position.
Why work in a Pharmaprix store or community pharmacy?
Work for a local business owner while having the support of a strong retail brand.
Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay, and online learning through Pharmaprix University (UPHX).
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers, and community.
Type of Role:
Associate-Owners in the Pharmaprix network recognizes Canada’s diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.