|Hiring Organization||Greenpeace Australia Pacific|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 88170 To AUD 90000 Per Year|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2008|
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organization, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
The Finance team at Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) is proud to carefully steward the financial support that our thousands of generous donors give, to enable our work. We work collaboratively to ensure maximum impact from every dollar we receive.
We are committed to:
- Working with integrity to deliver accurate, timely, concise, and meaningful accounts;
- Unwavering professionalism, as well as an approachable support service to the wider Greenpeace team; and
- Supporting, challenging, and holding each other accountable to achieve outstanding results.
As an Accountant, you will be responsible for the delivery of timely, accurate financial information and advice to key stakeholders in GPAP.
There is a strong emphasis on budgeting, forecasting, tracking expenditure to specific funding, and report development. The role is equally focussed on financial accounting, being responsible for data integrity, postings, reconciliations, and reporting.
The Accountant works closely with the GPAP Leadership Team and supports the Finance Manager and COO in implementing improvements in financial policy and processes to enhance decision making, strengthen financial controls and improve efficiencies.
Being part of a small team, this role is required to be familiar with all operational facets of the finance function and providing direct support to the various roles within the team and providing
backup support during times of leave and high demand.
This role is open to candidates Australia-wide.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal applicant will have a track record of successful business partnering combined with commercial acumen, strong budgeting and forecasting skills, advanced spreadsheet skills, and excellent attention to detail.
You will thrive in this role if you have good communication and relationship-building skills and a passion for the environment.
You will have accounting qualifications, be CPA and CA certified (or working towards), and have at least three years of experience in a similar role. Experience in a for-purpose / not-for-profit context will be highly regarded.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to use your skills and experience to help Greenpeace Australia Pacific protect unique and precious environments;
- Learning and development opportunities, and the chance to learn from a global team of like-minded finance professionals;
- A genuine approach to wellbeing, including flexible working arrangements and an integrity framework;
- An organization filled with talented, warm, and caring team members, so that you can bring your whole self to work; and
- A fast-paced, high-impact culture of accountability that genuinely celebrates inclusivity and diversity.
HOW TO APPLY
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented groups (Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and Pacific peoples, People of Colour, women, non-binary and gender diverse people, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability) often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria.
Unlike the majority of candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!