|Hiring Organization||ICC Sydney|
|Post Name||Demi Chef – Pastry|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 60000 To AUD 70000 Per Year|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
About the Role:
An opportunity presents itself here at ICC Sydney as we are currently seeking a Demi Chef Pastry to join our world-class culinary brigade that thrives on positive team culture and innovation. In conjunction with the Executive Pastry Chef and Executive Sous Chef, the Demi Chef Pasty supervises and manages all aspects of the preparation of food catering, while keeping with our standards of food quality and ISO 22000 food safety compliance.
- Assist with overseeing staff management within the Pastry Production kitchen
- Deliver high standard preparation for all of our events, and must be able to manage staff in several sections simultaneously
- Assist with production schedules and food preparation at our world-class standards.
- Ensuring strict food safety standards, preparation, presentation, and cooking techniques are established and monitored to meet ICC Sydney Brand Standard guidelines and maintained at that level.
- Embrace our Feeding Your Performance philosophy with a focus on fresh, seasonal, and local artisan produce.
- Assist the day-to-day operation of the Pastry Production kitchen, and have basic knowledge of food cost, portion control, labor cost, productivity, and wastage.
Required Skills & Experience:
- We are excited to hear from an inspiring and innovative professional chef, who has experience in a similar kitchen role at a high volume quality driven establishment.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a similar role within a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- A solutions-focused professional who continuously seeks learning and improvement
- Adaptable to changing situations while maintaining the highest quality of product and other established standards
- Ability to work with minimal external assistance
- True passion for food and an unrelenting drive to provide exceptional event guest experiences
- An ability to maintain safety standards and abide by HACCP.
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Food safety supervisor certificate
Applying for this role:
To be eligible for employment you must be an Australian Citizen or a permanent resident of Australia or hold an appropriate visa that allows you to work unrestricted in Australia. If you have questions, regarding this role the Human Resources Team is available to have a confidential discussion (email@example.com).
Please Note; that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These include National Criminal Records and National Police Background Checks, Proof of Identity that meets the 100-point check, and may include Working with Children background checks. Shortlisted candidates may also be required to pass a physical assessment as part of the recruitment process.