Jobs in Glasgow for Indian
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 12 Per Hour|
|Location||Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom G40 1AT|
Do you have expertise in Continental/ Chinese / Indian cuisines/ Sushi / Dessert? Are you enthusiastic about a career in food and hospitality? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We are an authentic world kitchen restaurant chain with restaurants throughout the UK and Ireland, looking to appoint a few enthusiastic and creative chefs for our busy COSMO restaurant.
The successful candidate will provide quality cuisines to our guests and maintain high standards of food hygiene and health & safety at all times.
The section will work closely with the Section Leader and team to ensure correct hygiene practices and regulations are stringently implemented in the kitchen and areas where food is handled/served, whilst maintaining appropriate health and safety standards for all catering and serving areas and ensuring the wellbeing of customers, his/her responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cook and prepare many high-quality types of dishes and produce sauces accompanying those dishes if necessary.
- Ensure foods are stored and kept at proper holding temperatures.
- Contribute to the Innovation of new dishes on a regular basis, assist in improving the current menu, and create fresh, flavorsome, and well-balanced meals.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment.
- Follow all company operational kitchen processes and procedures, achieving all required standards.
- Comply with food hygiene and Healthy & Safety regulations; Supervise Kitchen Assistants to ensure that they meet the rules and regulations as well.
- Maintain kitchen equipment and take care of waste, to ensure wastage is recorded and strict actions are followed.
- To train and supervise Kitchen Assistants, monitor the work performance of Kitchen Assistants, and make on-the-spot checks of product quality.
- Work with Section Leader / Head Chef / Sous Chef to organize banquets, parties, and other events.
COSMO Authentic World Kitchen is inspired by the best five-star hotels in the world, which bring a choice of fresh food under the same roof and elevate the buffet concept to new levels.
Since opening in 2003, COSMO has expanded throughout the UK and Ireland as customers embrace global dining and flavors from all corners of the world.
At Cosmo, we are like a big family, and we relate our success to the strength of our management team and the collaboration of all our staff, everyone takes ownership of our culture and is the ambassador of our core value – RECIPE:
Respect for people, Efficient to maximize performance, Creative for new ideas, Integrity to drive results, Passion in everything we do and continuous improvement, Engagement and always going the extra mile.
- Outstanding Training and Development through the COSMO Academy.
- Gain hands-on experience in a high-volume branded restaurant.
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- Shared tips.
- Staff Meal on Shift.
- Flexible shift patterns.
- Company discounts.
- Referral scheme.
- And much more…
The key skills and qualities we are looking for are:
- At least 3 years of culinary expertise in Continental/Indian/Chinese /Japanese cuisine/dessert.
- Good communication skills.
- Good English.
- A flexible attitude.
- Enthusiastic about the food and hospitality industry.
- Team player.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.