City of Winnipeg
|Post Name||Maintenance Worker|
|Qualification||Grade 12 Graduate or Equivalent Experience and Training|
|Industry||Government & Public Administration|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 19 To CAD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R2C 0G4|
The Maintenance Worker reports to the Supervisors and Superintendent of Vehicle Servicing and provides a variety of services within the Vehicle Servicing Branch.
As the Maintenance Worker, you will:
Perform various duties, on a relief basis, within three classifications:
- The farebox/Bus Servicer was responsible for the daily servicing of the Transit fleet of buses and ancillary vehicles and trucks requiring daily servicing. The duties include fueling, replacing fluids, emptying the farebox tills, sanitizing buses as necessary, and cleaning both the interior and exterior of the vehicles.
- General Helper responsible for washing the interior of buses, and windows, cleaning the garage floor, sanitizing buses, janitorial and caretaker duties etc.
- The labourer was responsible for assisting in the maintenance and repairs of properties operated by the Transit Department using hand/power tools; and maintenance of building-related systems, grounds and on-street facilities.
- All other duties assigned by Superintendent and Supervisor are consistent with the classification.
- The Maintenance Worker positions are full-time ongoing temporary positions.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 12 graduate or equivalent experience and training.
- Previous working experience in one or more of the following: janitorial, warehousing, manufacturing, factory, automotive or trucking
- A satisfactory driving record is required.
- Experience operating machinery and/or equipment is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both orally and in writing, including the ability to understand written and verbal instructions.
- Proven teamwork and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to Respectful Workplace standards is required.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Must be physically able to perform the manual labour components of work including but not limited to heavy lifting of weights of up to approximately 100lbs, exposure to extreme weather conditions, dust, dirt, diesel exhaust fumes and chemical agents used in the mechanical field.
- Must be able to wear a tight-fitting, half-face respirator for an extended period without any difficulty.
- Requires a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s Licence with Air Brake Endorsement. Applicants with Instructional Air Brakes will be considered.
- Must be able and willing to work shift work during days, afternoons and nights Sunday to Saturday with varying days off.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented