|Post Name||Clinical Coder|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 36 To AUD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
At GenesisCare we want to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about innovation and working together to drive better life outcomes for patients around the world.
Do your life’s best work!
Within the Clinical Coder position, you are responsible for providing an abstracting, classification, data entry, auditing, training, and reporting service for GenesisCare in accordance with guidelines and standards. As the Clinical Coder, you’ll use appropriate disease classification tools in order to maintain an accurate and timely reporting cycle.
This role will require advanced communication skills working with the staff at all levels of the organization. You will work cooperatively within a team, exchanging information and assisting other team members to achieve team objectives and work outcomes.
What you’ll do:
- Undertakes clinical coding in compliance with the relevant standards
- Abstracts and assigns complete and accurate classification codes for episodes of care in accordance with relevant standards including International Statistical Classification of Disease and Related Health Problems, 10th Revision Australian Modification (ICD 10-AM), and Australian Coding Standards
- Classification of diseases and procedures for separations using ICD-10-AM coding books, medical dictionary, coding authority, electronic medical records, and other resources as required ensuring that an accurate DRG is assigned
- Ensures accurate selection of the principal diagnosis and principal procedure and sequencing of additional diagnoses and procedures.
- This will ensure the accuracy of reporting inclusive of Hospital Casemix Protocol (HCP) and Private Hospital Data Bureau (PHDB) reports.
- Extracts and presents data as required to authorized personnel on request
- Liaises with clinical staff regarding documentation ambiguities and coding conventions to promote the importance of documentation in the coding process
- Keep abreast of current developments in clinical coding practices by implementing new coding practices as directed by the National Centre for Clinical Classification and the Department of Health.
- The Coder will participate in ongoing education including coding meetings, formal and informal instruction, and feedback from clinical staff.
- The Clinical Coder will ensure all data is tracked appropriately, complying with relevant standards.
- Seeks clarification from clinicians when needed
- Ensure confidentiality of commercially sensitive information
Who you are:
- Demonstration of the behaviors that reinforce the values of our organization; Bravery, Empathy, Innovation, and Partnership
- Demonstration of these behaviors with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
- Possession of a HIMAA (Health Information Management Association of Australia) Introductory Course or equivalent, or equivalent competency gained through experience in clinical coding
- Comprehensive working knowledge of ICD-10-AM, ACHI, and the Australian Coding Standards including medical terminology, human anatomy, and disease processes
- Proven experience in clinical coding
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and within a team environment and an ability to meet strict guidelines
- Well-developed written and verbal communication computer literacy, interpersonal and organizational skills
- As required, you will provide education and training to clinical and non-clinical staff regarding Clinical Coding requirements
- Provides advice on the importance of quality documentation and the impact on coding and DRG outcomes.
- Other duties may be requested to be performed as directed by your line manager.
What’s in it for you:
- Own your development, learn every day
- Take an active part in GenesisCare’s growth globally
- Thriving close-knit cultures and communities
Who we are:
We are 5500+ highly trained healthcare professionals and support staff across Australia, the U.K., Spain, China, and the United States, designing innovative treatments and care for people with cancer and heart disease.
Across the world, we have more than 440+ centers to help us bring the right care to our patients. For radiation therapy, that includes 14 centers in the UK, 21 in Spain, 36 in Australia, and 300 in the U.S. We also offer cardiology and sleep services at more than 80 locations across Australia.
Every year our team sees more than 400,000 people globally. People centricity is at the heart of what we do—whether that person is a patient, a referring doctor, a partner, or someone in our team. We aim to build a culture of ‘care’ that is patient-focused and performance-driven.
Our people promise is “do your life’s best work, by always growing, having a profound human impact, and making great things happen together.” If you’d like to make a difference, join us at GenesisCare.