|Hiring Organization||Optus Rundle Mall|
|Post Name||Consulting Architect|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 93000 To AUD 98000 Per Year|
|Location||Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 5000|
So, Why Optus?At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re creating a better tomorrow for all Australians.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
About the roleAs a Consulting Architect within the Enterprise and Government sales team, your role will be to provide pre-sales work in all areas of Telecommunications and Information Communications Technologies (ICT) to our customer accounts.
Your role will be to place a strong emphasis on the value proposition of ‘enterprise-wide solutions to address customers varying business needs.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing direction and leadership to technical teams; drawing on expertise to target major opportunities and developing associated proposals.
- Support complex major accounts whose commercial needs require sophisticated, innovative, and integrated business solutions.
- Develop and facilitate multi-level customer relationships focusing on technical and IT management.
- Being the technical owner and managing/preparing documentation (quotes, proposals, tenders, and bid responses).
- Having a detailed understanding of both the client’s Telco & ICT environment, and that of market competitors to ensure effective competitive comparisons and strategic solutions are delivered.
- Collaborate with product management, customer engineering, and marketing to obtain relevant product knowledge and establish a channel for sales.
- Deliver and meet established orders and revenue targets.
About youYou will exhibit in-depth technology and business knowledge across a range of industry segments and technology specialties within the Telco and ICT space to deliver solutions to clients. The pivotal key to the success of this role is to provide a link between the sales process, product capability owners, and the implementation of teams.
You are an experienced Consulting Architect professional who can bring a consultative working style and deliver technical business solutions. Additionally, you will also bring to the role:
- Widespread previous experience working in the Communications & Information Technology industry (providing technical and consulting support).
- Broad-based ICT/Telecommunications systems design background with a detailed understanding of enterprise-wide systems.
- Ability to understand and present industry trends/directions (local and international).
- Understanding of architecture and service management methodologies.
- Relevant vendor and industry certifications, e.g., Cisco.
- Experience in recognizing and analyzing customer business needs to translate them into relevant ICT solutions.
- Experience in leading major Design teams; from setting architecture strategy to RFT submission activities.
- Advanced knowledge of the contract, risk, and commercial risks in preparing solution designs.
In light of the significant risks posed by COVID-19, Optus expects all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will require vaccination for certain roles as well as access to Optus workplaces. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this policy or how it impacts you, including any concerns you might have about meeting this requirement.
Optus is a place where we let you, do you? Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we’re a highly collaborative workplace and offer a range of perks such as:
- A competitive salary
- Discounts on products and services
- Ongoing training, mentoring, and development opportunities
- Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
- Blended Ways of Working
Our Blended Ways of Working lets our people work across home and our offices. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.