|Hiring Organization||DigiCert Australia|
|Post Name||Customer Service Specialist|
|Qualification||Diploma or bachelor’s degree desirable, but not required|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 29 To AUD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004|
DigiCert is a leading provider of scalable security solutions for a connected world. The most innovative companies, including the Global 2000, choose DigiCert for its expertise in identity and encryption for web servers and Internet of Things devices.
DigiCert supports SSL/TLS and other digital certificates for PKI deployments at any scale through its certificate lifecycle management platform, Central®. The company has been recognized with dozens of awards for its enterprise-grade management platform, fast and knowledgeable customer support, and market-leading growth.
The Customer Authentication department is responsible for carrying out due diligence reviews on customers applying for SSL and Code Signing certificates to secure chosen websites. It is the role of you, as the analyst, to evaluate all information available on the organization, the domain they are looking to secure, and the employees of the company who are enrolling for the certificate and decide if they are eligible to receive the certificate.
The Authentication Specialist will be responsible for the evaluation of all documents or information received via approved independent resources, to ensure the issuance of digital certificates and other security products while adhering to strict DigiCert Policies and Procedures.
You will be required to follow our security procedures with the goal of enhancing the department’s operational effectiveness such as improving issuance times and/or customer satisfaction while protecting the DigiCert brand as the world leader in online website security.
In this role, you are expected to work under full supervision. Customer support globally is provided 24×7, you will be expected to work various shifts based on business demand. Preference will be given to candidates who are prepared to work weekend shifts.
In order to work in CAS in DigiCert, you are required to pass an extended background check, which will be carried out throughout your tenure in the company, to ensure you maintain our required trusted employee status.
Primary Objectives and Responsibilities:
The core job function centers on processing customer orders and evaluating the authenticity of enrolments
- This is achieved by following policy guidelines, and showing due diligence and care while reviewing documentation and customer information
- Failure to follow policy guidelines and due care while processing may result in a breach of security, which may result in facilitating fraudulent activity on a customer’s website, and causing damage to the DigiCert brand
- The Authentication Analyst ensures the following tasks are completed by following our policies and procedures:
- Determine if the customer’s company is a legitimate legal business entity by reviewing approved independent databases or verified/witnessed documents supplied by the customer
- Determine if the customer’s company has the legal right to use the internet domain name listed on the certificate signing request by reviewing approved independent databases or seeking express permission from the domain owner.
- Verify via third-party source(s) that the customer’s named contacts are employed at the customer’s company and/or have the legal right to request and/or administer the digital certificate.
- Verify that the correct payment or payment authorization is received from the customer.
- Utilize local knowledge of your supported country to mitigate risk while evaluating enrolments
- Issue the digital certificate or ensure a team member performs this task within policy guidelines.
- Provide World Class customer support:
- Deal with customers via chat, phone, and email.
- Work with the customer to ensure they fulfill our security requirements to issue the digital certificate
- Respond to customers’ inquiries regarding the status of their order via various ways of communication.
- Provide the customer with possible solutions to expedite the issuance of their order within our Service Level Agreements.
- Escalate unusual customer issues to management that cannot be resolved in a timely manner.
- Understand DigiCert’s product line
- Promote and contribute towards teamwork and collaboration, contributing to a positive work environment for the department.
- Work with team to resolve customer issues.
- Open to receiving and giving constructive feedback.
- Seeks assistance from management, Senior Authentication Specialists, and Authentication Coordinators to resolve policy, process, and procedural issues.
- Actively participate in authentication projects and system implementation.
- Must successfully pass Background Checks to achieve and maintain trusted employee status.
Additional Objectives and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the secondary job functions the authentication specialist may be expected to perform depending on his experience level.
- Process faxes, emails, and file documents.
- Recommend procedures that strengthen security, maximize operational efficiencies and drive customer satisfaction.
- Build relationships with our customers to ensure customer loyalty.
- Ensure customer inquiries are handled according to Policy guidelines while meeting our Service Level Agreements and department goals.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree desirable, but not required.
- Experience in a policy/compliance role is an advantage (banking, finance, fraud, etc.).
- Proven experience in evaluating and mitigating risk.
- Experience in dealing with customers via phone, chat, and email.
- Excellent written and oral communication in the native language and any language listed on the CV (including English).
- Language requirement: We are looking for bilingual candidates who speak and write in Thai, Japanese, or Hindi.
Skills & Attributes:
- Fluent in Thai, Japanese, or Hindi.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask required.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills are required.
- Open to change – the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Flexible around working hours.
- Customer service skills & dealing with difficult customers are a bonus.
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines and targets.
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also as a sole contributor within a team structure.
- Self-starter, with a proactive disposition.
- Detail orientated and high level of accuracy (in typing for example).