|Hiring Organization||Fugro Australia Marine|
|Post Name||Data Specialist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 45 To AUD 50 Per Hour|
|Location||Perth, Western Australia, Australia 6000|
What’s on offer
- Competitive Salary
- Work across leading-edge technology in a highly experienced team
- Experience within an innovative and creative business
- Salary Continuance insurance for all permanent employees
About the Position
We are looking for a Data Specialist to join the Data Centre team in Perth, to assist in processing and delivering data and digital products to our clients. The Data Centre works with Project Managers and Project Teams to create and maintain high-quality datasets and deliverables.
As a data-driven company, Fugro collects, collates, synthesizes, and presents data in digital, interactive and charted formats. The Fugro Marine team acquires hydrographic, bathymetric, geophysical and geotechnical data using remotely operated vehicles (ROV), unmanned surface vessels (USV), dedicated survey vessels and vessels of opportunity.
Fugro Data Specialists are not made from a single mould. They encapsulate all types of professional abilities, including data science, data analytics, geomatics, surveying, cartography, engineering, multi-beam processing and geophysics.
Data Specialists have a passion for data, so an interest in computers, computer sciences, data and data processing will be a distinct advantage. Prior experience in the marine industry or surveying is not required.
- Demonstration of Fugro’s core values;
- Facilitate the delivery of data to a wide variety of teams
- Contribution to the collation, synthesis and presentation of project and archived data
- Actively keep up to date with the latest developments in the applicable software
- Detailed responsibilities include
- Generation of figures and charts
- Use of industry and Fugro-developed software
- Application of GIS and CAD for the presentation of data
- Processing of geospatial data, under the guidance of others
- Achieve the required timeframe for delivery
- Adherence to quality protocols
- The maintenance of digital databases and electronic files
- Recognised qualifications in Spatial Sciences, Computer Sciences, Surveying, Cartography, Geomatics, GIS, Applied Engineering or Engineering.
- Possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, decision-making and prioritising skills.
- Ability to manage large volumes of information.
- Proactively contribute to a teamwork environment.
- Agency to develop professional skills.
- Committed to delivering exceptional results.
Fugro is the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-data and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources.
We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain engineering structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
We strive to foster an inclusive environment where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves; all voices heard; all cultures respected. Our employees’ skillsets are diverse, and we treat each other with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, age, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us an individual.