|Post Name||Department Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 60000 To AUD 70000 Per Year|
|Location||Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia 4212|
Brighter Futures Start here
As Australia’s biggest and most loved retailer, we’ve been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. At our stores, distribution centers, and offices in Australia and New Zealand.
All around the globe. Our diverse and inclusive 47,000-strong team comes together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices – it’s the heart of everything we do. As a leader in the retail market, we’re optimistic about our future and yours.
We’re relentless in our pursuit of results, but changing at a rapid rate, giving you challenging work that you’ll be proud of. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes everyday living brighter.
Join the team
Department managers at Kmart live and breathe the Kmart values and are responsible for recruiting, leading, developing, and coaching their team members. Our teams are passionate about the work they do and strive to continuously raise the bar!
What you’ll be doing
As a Department Manager in a Kmart store you will:
- Enjoy leading others
- Like variety in your work
- Think on your feet
- Follow policy and clear processes
- Be driven and ambitious
- Adapt to change
- Demonstrate resilience
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- Experience as a manager across either a big box or high-volume retail environment
- A passion for delivering results that will motivate your team
- Experience coaching and leading large and diverse teams
- Values that reflect a high level of commitment to ‘safety’, always thinking ‘customer’, and a belief in constantly motivating your team to ‘reach higher every day.
- The ability to foster strong relationships with team members, peers, customers, and leaders
Benefits we’ll offer you:
- Great work-life balance – our managers work 1 in 3 weekends
- A dynamic learning and support program
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working through our Flex Where, Flex When, Flex Well policy
- A discount card for Kmart, Target, Officeworks, and Bunnings, plus other benefits
- An inclusive, fun recognition program
- A bonus program (where eligible)
- Development opportunities across Kmart Group (comprised of Kmart, Target, and Catch) as well as the broader Wesfarmers Group.
- Wesfarmers Share Plan access (where eligible)
We’re here to make everyday living brighter
From humble beginnings in Burwood East, Victoria, in 1969, we’re now an essential part of 300 communities, and proud of it! From bedding to apparel to kitchenware and beyond. We’re designing and creating the products people reach for every day.
In-store, online, or Click & Collect – getting the products we love into the hands of happy customers is what we aim to do best. From the remote outback to coastal towns and big cities, and everywhere in-between. We’re progressive in our pursuit to create seamless customer journeys for satisfied shoppers.
A place you can belong
At Kmart, we celebrate the rich diversity of the communities in which we operate and are committed to creating inclusive and safe environments where all our team members can contribute and succeed.
We believe that all team members should feel valued, respected, and safe irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, indigeneity, religious beliefs, education, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity and we encourage applications from all candidates.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to do well when applying or working at Kmart, therefore we encourage you to share any feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like any adjustments. If you would like to explore a career with Kmart and this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now! Phone screening and interviews will occur prior to the closing date of this advertisement.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies. As part of our recruitment process, we will be conducting Pre-Employment Checks with our successful candidates – this will include a police check. Talent Acquisition will provide further updates to candidates as they progress through our recruitment process