Close Brothers Group
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 30 To GBP 35 Per Hour|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC2A 4FT|
Close Brothers Group, an FTSE 250 company, is a leading UK merchant banking group consisting of a diversified set of specialist financial services business units providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services, and securities trading.
The Commercial Division (comprising the Asset Finance & Leasing and Invoice & Speciality Finance business units) is in the midst of an exciting transformation process that will have a significant impact on the organization over the next 2-3 years. As a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join our team, working alongside Agile delivery squads, in helping simplify, standardize and automate change delivery processes.
The DevOps Engineer will also work closely with Infrastructure, development, and architecture teams as well as collaborate with peers across the various Business Units in helping establish (and apply) best practices.
- Promoting and implementing DevOps best practices in pursuit of streamlined delivery.
- Designing and implementing secure automation solutions (CI/CD pipelines) across development, testing, and production environments covering Hybrid (Cloud/On-Premise) architectures.
- Continuously evaluating existing systems against industry standards; making recommendations for improvements and implementing as agreed.
- Ensuring Governance is built into the automation pipelines – including traceability of change and control of environments.
- Inspect, adapt and improve constantly to increase the Quality & Velocity of deliveries.
- Development and support of the DevOps toolchain.
- Development and maintenance of automated solutions covering operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring
- Facilitating the process of knowledge sharing across delivery and operations teams.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- Minimum 3 years experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Hands-on experience in Software Build Automation; the creation of CI/CD pipelines; Configuration Management; and Change & Release Management in an Agile/SCRUM development environment.
- DevOps tooling: GIT, GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, SonarQube.
- Firm understanding of various branching/merging strategies.
- Atlassian JIRA/Confluence.
- You’re passionate about technology and excited about working with us
At Close Brothers, we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity, and are open to discussing flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
We appreciate that from time to time, recruitment agencies will have speculative CVs that they may wish to submit to our Talent Acquisition team in relation to a specific role.
To avoid any ambiguity around fees, please note that speculative CVs received by Close Brothers, that have not been authorized in advance, by us, will be ineligible for an agency fee. Thank you.
Close Brothers is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services, and securities trading. We employ over 3,500 people, principally in the UK.
Close Brothers Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 250. We remain focused on markets and services we know and understand, developing leading positions and unrivaled expertise. Our approach is prudent and considered to enable us to grow sustainably, through all market conditions, building confidence among our depositors and investors.
Our businesses have remained local as we continue to provide bespoke services and develop long-term relationships ensuring our success in the future. We value our clients over everything else. What they do is important – they are the doers and makers of things, the wealth creators, the investors, and the savers. We ensure our services meet their specific needs and invest to support them as they grow.
These principles, founded in our past but applied to the modern world today, represent what we describe as ‘modern merchant banking’ – values that are embedded in our culture and that underpin everything we do.