|Hiring Organization||Unisson Disability: Pymble|
|Post Name||Disability Support Worker|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 30 To AUD 32 Per Hour|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
– Support clients with disabilities and help foster their independence
– Hourly Rate: $29.12 – $31.77 + 25% loading for casuals
– Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging options are available for all staff (up to $15,900/pa)
Who We Are
Unisson Disability is a disability support organization that provides services to clients from Northern Sydney, Western Sydney, Central Coast, and Hunter Region. Unisson Disability provides a variety of services including accommodation support, drop-in support, respite, community access programs, and supported employment.
You will be supporting people in multiple facilities in a variety of service arrangements including accommodation support, community access, and drop-in support in the Ryde region.
At Unisson, we believe human connection is the key to delivering a high standard of customer service to the people we support. Our unique service model is based on some key principles that guide our employees and give them the tools to build experiences with clients that have a substantial impact.
We believe in learning about people’s unique stories, searching for common ground, always finding the ‘yes’, being authentic, and creating memorable connections with each individual that we support. The support we provide is what we do, the connection we create is HOW we do it.
About The Role
The role requires you to provide direct support to clients in a person-centered way, to meet their needs and goals according to their own choices. This may include, but is not limited to:
– Support with daily living skills such as food preparation, housekeeping, etc.
– Support with personal care including eating, toileting, and bathing
– Administering medication or other medical procedures where required
– Transferring/hoisting between the toilet, bed, motor vehicle, etc.
– Providing support and assistance to promote good health and well-being
– Promoting activities that offer meaningful experiences and increase social networks such as endeavoring out into the community to participate in activities and programs
– Providing opportunities for skill development and involvement within their communities
Skills & Experience
Our ideal candidate:
– Has a passion for supporting people to help them live their best life
– Has high levels of energy and enthusiasm
– Has the ability to see the potential in people and shows initiative
– Is creative and proactive in identifying and responding to change
– Is empathetic and a good listener
– Is agile with a strong capacity to adapt to changing environments
– Positively engages in self-reflection
– Enjoys working independently and in a team environment
– Must be available to work different rostered shifts, weekends, evening shifts, and split shifts.
Certificate III and/or IV in Disability and prior experience are recommended but not required.
All staff is required to hold an NSW Driver’s License (P2/Full), a First Aid Certificate (or be willing to apply for one), and a current Working with Children’s Check (if required).
– Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging options available (up to $15,900/pa)
– Emphasis on training and development
– Career progression
– Collaborative and positive working culture
– Access to professional counseling service
– Discounted health cover