|Post Name||Maintenance Electrician|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 40 To AUD 45 Per Hour|
|Location||Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia 0820|
About the Company
Goodman Fielder is the largest consumer food supplier in Australia and one of the largest in the Asia Pacific with a portfolio of iconic, leading, and trusted food brands such as Meadow Lea, Helga’s, and Wonder White behind us.
We value our people, have a unique culture, and recognize that our success also rests on the ability to attract and retain talented individuals. Subsequently, we are always looking for more passionate and engaged individuals to join us and help to enhance this unique culture and cater to our customer’s need for superior quality and nutritious everyday foods.
About the Opportunity:
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Electrician to work at our Darwin site. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will work as part of a 3-person maintenance team with an emphasis on delivering the preventative maintenance program and providing engineering support for breakdown repairs.
As an integral member of the Darwin Bakery team, you will be willing to assist operationally, outside the areas of core maintenance responsibilities, and in doing so make a solid contribution to building a high-performing site team culture.
The role involves:
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed & compliant.
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programs.
- Carry out preventative maintenance to plant and equipment within the facility.
- Maximize the use of materials and resources to achieve high efficiencies to produce optimum equipment availabilities.
- Timely repair and installation of plant and equipment & assessing and prioritizing breakdown service requirements.
- Assist with other duties to ensure the effective operation of the maintenance team.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Technical trade certificate: Electrical or Mechanical Fitting
- Previous experience in a fast-paced FMCG environment ideally within the food industry or clean manufacturing
- Computer skills – MFG PRO, MS Office Suite
- PLC Software Skills (Desirable)
- Processed-based risk assessment skills
- Excellent communication skills – listening, verbal, and written
- Demonstrate an understanding of safety, health, and the environment.
- High level of technical and diagnostic skills
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, you will have the opportunity to build your own homegrown career across functions, locations, and brands. We strive to be the best place to work in Australia where we don’t just offer jobs – we offer careers.
In return for your passion for success, you will be rewarded with a competitive package and excellent career opportunities within an organization that fosters your growth and development. Please apply online by clicking the ‘Apply Now button below.