|Hiring Organization||Lafarge Pipe, Precast, & Hollow-core|
|Post Name||Industrial Electrician|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 82000 To CAD 95000 Per Year|
|Location||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R2J 0S6|
The Industrial Electrician is primarily responsible for installing, replacing, repairing, maintaining, testing, and troubleshooting industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls/systems.
- Provides excellent customer support to internal and external customers.
- Periodically tests electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance and maintains preventative maintenance program.
- Ensures that safety, compliance, environmental, and DOT requirements are followed at all times
- Reads and interprets drawings and electrical code specifications to determine the layout of industrial electrical equipment installations. Performs scheduled maintenance inspections in accordance with Company policy and practice requirements
- Work involves replacing or repairing worn or damaged components/systems. Installs replaces or repairs electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, cable assemblies, lighting fixtures, electrical motors, generators, industrial storage batteries, hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems, and other electrical components.
- Periodically tests and troubleshoots electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance.
- Maintains electrical equipment inventory and maintenance records
- Preferred: Master Electrician – Red Seal
- Preferred: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Required: A minimum of five (5) years of experience as an industrial electrician in the mining or construction industry.
- High Voltage Experience Required
As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all employees, a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing and a criminal record check, may be required.
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity, and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
Check out our YouTube channel to learn more about our operations and see all career opportunities at www.lafarge.ca/careers.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.