|Hiring Organization||MAX Employment Wollongong|
|Post Name||General Manager Care Services|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 130000 To AUD 170000 Per Year|
|Location||Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia 2500|
- $130,000 – $170,000 package based on experience
- Be a part of an innovative Heath and Care Service
- Competitive salary package negotiated
- Not For Profit Salary Packaging of $15,900 per annum + $2,650 Meals & Entertainment per annum, increasing your take-home pay.
- Enjoy work-life balance with accrued days off
- Work in a supportive and friendly environment
- Enjoy a rewarding career, making a difference in the lives of others
- Company vehicle with private use
The General Manager of Care Services will fulfill a senior leadership role overseeing operations of the Care Services team in line with Community Gateways’ purpose to make health and care simply for optimal living. You will continue to build on our high-quality, relevant, and person-centered in-home and community services. You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing the Annual Care Services Business plan
- Attracting clients through the development of innovative, agile, and accessible in-home services and programs
- Managing and Developing the Care Service’s Quality and Risk Management System
- Supporting community development activities and applying for appropriate funding grants
- Developing a strong team culture with engaged staff
- Driving client growth
- Managing the Care Services budget and reaching financial targets
As a senior leader, you will participate in the overall development and implementation of Community Gateways’ strategic plan and support the Managing Director in achieving organizational objectives.
- Possesses strong business knowledge with the ability to develop and implement strategic plans and business development strategies within the context of the larger picture.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven experience in operational management.
- Ability to develop strong teamwork amongst staff
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business management or community services with demonstrated commercial management experience
- Experience in business development, project management, and change management.
- Experience in financial management, including the development and management of budgets.
- Proven rapport and relationship-building with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High-level organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, dependent on work requirements.
- Current driver’s license and willingness to travel between offices as required.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures and implement quality processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to work, health, and safety requirements.
- A current Working with Children Check
- A current NDIS worker screening check
- Proof of COVID 19 Vaccination or exemption
- Experience in working with a wide range of service providers
- Experience in managing social ventures
- Experience in working for a community-based Board of Management
- Post-graduate qualifications in management or other related fields
- Experience in the aged care and disability sectors and knowledge of the Consumer Directed Care model and NDIS.
- Awareness and understanding of the CHSP Guidelines, Disability Service Standards, and Community Care Standards for Aged Care.
Community Gateway is a group of people who genuinely care. We place great importance on providing services and supports that promote wellness, developed on the premise that, even with age, chronic illness, or disability, people generally have the desire and ability to make gains in their physical, social, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing and lead a meaningful and fulfilling life.
We want to ensure that everyone can access comprehensive health and care solutions by becoming a leading health service and integrating multiple fields from medical, allied health, and the fitness industry.
Community Gateway is committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment, where diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, encouraged, and respected.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, with diverse gender identities and sexualities, have a disability, and/or form a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background to apply!