|Hiring Organization||Hydro Tasmania|
|Post Name||Mechanical Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 55 To AUD 60 Per Hour|
|Location||Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 7000|
Our Graduate Program will give you a unique career pathway and full exposure to a range of roles across our core hydropower operations and corporate functions. At Hydro Tasmania, we’re not just about power stations and dams, we’re about people. We offer unrivaled professional development and training opportunities.
You’ll network and establish meaningful connections and work alongside and learn from respected industry leaders. Our program starts in February each year, initially based in our Hobart office. You’ll participate in a structured program over three years. These structured rotations will depend on your position and allow you to gain broad experience across the business. If you’re passionate about renewables and want to shape your career in the energy industry, let’s build a brighter, cleaner future together.
What you’ll do:
- Rotate through various functions and opportunities across our Hydro Tasmania, and Entura business units
- Have the opportunity to work in Hobart and at various locations around regional Tasmania, including working onsite at power stations
- Further Australia’s renewable energy transition through projects like Battery of the Nation
- Attend professional development and networking events with your peers.
What you’ll bring:
- A recent (graduated within the last 2 years) or upcoming degree in electrical engineering
- A can-do attitude and commitment to continuous improvement and driving change
- Effective communication and relationship-building skills
- A genuine passion for renewables and drive to do the right thing.
What you’ll get back:
- Annual individual training budget to further your technical skills
- Perks like discounted electricity and health insurance discounts
- A flexible work environment that suits you.
Hydro Tasmania group supports applications from all members of our community and equitable access to our employment opportunities. We are open to discussing workplace flexibility in all our vacancies, to ensure we can attract the best candidates and accommodate individual needs, differences, disabilities, and working arrangements, even in ways we have not thought of. Our merit-based recruitment practices are founded on building diversity by fostering an inclusive, flexible, and equitable workplace.
If you want to make a difference for the better:
Please attach your resume outlining your skills and the experience you will bring, including a copy of your recent university transcript. And a cover letter addressing the following;
- Why do you want to work for Hydro Tasmania?
- What is your greatest achievement that involved working collaboratively with others?
- Share what you know about the current energy transformation happening in Australia