Entry Level Cost Accountant
- Company Name: PepsiCo
Location: Chicago, IL
- Salary: $50,400 – $75,550 a year
Available Shifts: Full-time
- Job Type: Full-time
Full Job Description
PepsiCo Co-pack Accountant L4
- Provides key variance analysis and explanations to management and Contract Manufacturing Managers for multiple locations.
- Develop forecasts for manufacturing variances during periods and annual budget updates.
- Responsible for creating a bill of material standards, product costing, and overhead costs for the annual operating plan and explaining year-over-year changes.
- Work within SAP to reconcile production, usage, receipts, and shipments.
- The position manages the daily and period-end accounting process for multiple business units within the 3rd party Co-packers, Re-packers, and Distribution Center network.
- Period inventory reconciliations and annual physical inventory observation.
- Close working relationships with Contract Manufacturing Managers on results, and trouble-shooting issues pertaining to co-packers.
- Control owner for periodic, quarterly, and annual SOX and Accounting controls.
- Additional duties include invoice processing, pallet reconciliations, and special projects.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The expected Compensation range for this position is between $50,400 – $75,550.
- Location-confirmed job-related skills and experience will be considered in setting the actual starting salary.
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement.
- In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health, and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Entry-level position; 0-2 years relevant work experience.
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Excel is needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong self-starter and positive team player.
- Ability to interact with varying levels of individuals across multiple functions.
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement