Insurance Advisor (Entry-Level or Experienced)
- Company Name: CapriCMW
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
- Job Type: Full-time
- An opportunity to join an employee-owned Insurance Brokerage and become an owner where you work
- Join one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Giving Back 2022, named by Great Place to Work®
- Advance your career in a company committed to providing opportunities for growth and development
About Acera Insurance
CapriCMW has recently merged with Rogers Insurance and will be known as Acera Insurance. The merger combines the strength and stability of two award-winning independent and employee-controlled companies, consolidating a wide range of professional expertise and decades of experience in insurance, risk management, and group benefits. With 1,000 employees located in over 50 offices across Alberta, BC, Ontario, and the Yukon, along with $1 billion in gross written premium, we’re positioned to be a leading national insurance brokerage with deep roots in the local communities which we continue to serve.
At Acera Insurance, we put people first – from our employees, clients, and industry partners to the communities we serve. Our team members are committed to excellence in everything they do.
To learn more about our products, services, and impacts within our communities, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
We are currently looking for full-time Personal Lines, Commercial Lines & Auto Insurance Advisors in multiple locations in B.C., Alberta, Ontario, and Yukon. A hybrid work arrangement may be available based on location and role.
As an important member of our Personal Lines team, you will advise, explain, promote, and sell a home, auto, and personal lines insurance policies to ensure our clients have adequate coverage.
More specifically, the scope of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with clients, insurance companies, and other team members to exceed client expectations
- Answering all inbound inquiries from customers, either through phone, email, or walk-in inquiries
- Processing renewals, endorsements, cancellations, changes, and serving new walk-in and phone-in clients
- Updating and maintaining automated forms for new business, endorsements, renewals, and claims
- Recommending optimal coverage and additional products available
- Collecting payments from clients in an efficient and timely manner
- Providing high service standard expectations to new and existing clients
We are looking for candidates with varying levels of experience – whether you have an insurance background OR are an entry-level candidate looking to jumpstart your career in insurance, TALK TO US!
Although we highly value an insurance background (e.g., home, auto, personal lines, or commercial insurance), candidates with no insurance experience but have at least 2 years of frontline customer service, or client support experience are welcome to apply.
You will need a Level 1 BC Insurance License or the ability to obtain one within 3 months of the start date. We will pay for training and licensing requirements to get you started.
As a company dedicated to developing our employees, we’ll support you with the tools and resources you need through extensive training, coaching, and educational/personal development assistance. Your tenacity, results-driven, and solutions-oriented mindset will give you the push to continually grow into this role and be a force for good in the communities we serve.
Most importantly, we are looking for candidates with enthusiastic energy and impeccable communication and customer service skills, who are deeply passionate about sharing ideas. If you are adaptable, detail-oriented, and have a high degree of integrity, we welcome you to join our team!
About the Benefits
As a valued member of the business, you will be awarded a competitive annual salary, evaluated on your education, skills, and experience, including:
- Employee ownership opportunities
- Life, disability, health, and dental insurance coverage
- Employer-matched savings plan
- Discounts on insurance services and products
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career development through leadership training and learning resources
- Be a part of an award-winning network of 1,000+ professionals in 50+ offices across Alberta, BC, Ontario, and the Yukon
- And many more!
Do you want to join the best place you will ever work? If you want to be a part of a progressive organization, dedicated to serving our clients and our community