|Post Name||Trade Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 3000 To AUD 4000 Per Month|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provides technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers’ most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today and anticipate and shape tomorrow makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
We are currently looking for a Trades Assistant to join our Integrated Engineering Services business in Sydney.
As a Trades Assistance, some of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Assists technicians in maintenance activities in accordance with the contract, including all aspects of support for the:
- Stonefish Exercise mine
- DAMDIC Inert
- MP80 Exercise Mine
- Associated Test Equipment
- Other equipment as directed
- Assists technicians in maintenance and support to all aspects of the Sydney Maintenance facility including (but not limited to):
- Calibration of support and test equipment.
- Facilities upkeep.
- Provides support to clients associated with testing and trials activities, particularly related to the support and operation of the assets listed above.
- To deliver Sydney technical/maintenance services within QinetiQ policies and procedures. Be part of a high performing team culture where staff are fully supported within a safe work environment and deliver exceptional customer
- To support all aspects of the maintenance facility and associated infrastructure.
- To support Defence trials and testing activities.
To be successful in the role of Trades Assistance you will need to bring with you:
- Proven experience performing maintenance operations within a mechanical environment (preferably Defence)
- Demonstrated high quality of workmanship and attention to detail
- Experience operating within a quality management system
- Experience working with mechanical design engineers
- Previous experience with all types of hand tools
- Previous experience in manual machining, welding, fitting and fabrication would be beneficial
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Quality work and attention to detail
- Strong team working skills
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new skills
- Integrity and high personal ethical standards that align with QinetiQ standards
Life at QinetiQ
Our people and our culture make QinetiQ a great place to work, we value integrity, collaboration and performance. QinetiQ is a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice, and past winner of the Defence Teaming Centre Employer of Choice Awards.
We look after our people are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We celebrate our differences and incorporate diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Our salary and benefits package is designed to make sure we support our diverse group of employees through the different stages of their life and careers.
Some of our benefits include:
- Annual professional development allocation and study leave
- Flexible working options that suit you
- Leave purchase scheme to balance what’s important to you
- Loyalty leave, earn extra days of annual leave up to an additional 10 days per year
- Performance bonus awards for individual and company success
- Salary continuance Insurance, protecting you financially during times of ill health
- Cultural or Religious day of significance leave to observe days of significance to you
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum qualifying period
- Dress for your day, no formal dress code just wear what feels good and suits your day
- Give back with an annual volunteering day
- Save money with our travel club and discounted health insurance options
- Be supported with employee assistance services and family violence leave