Jobs in Glasgow
|Post Name||Facilities Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 23000 To GBP 25000 Per Year|
|Location||Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom G40 1AT|
STV is Scotland’s home of news, entertainment, and drama, serving audiences with quality content on air, online, and on demand. STV’s broadcast channel reaches 3.2 million viewers each month, while STV Player, the UK’s fastest-growing broadcaster streaming service, is now pre-installed in three-quarters of the UK’s connected TV homes.
Multi-genre production company STV Studios – one of the UK’s leading content businesses – has an impressive track record of success across a wide range of broadcasters, with productions including BAFTA-winning Elizabeth Is Missing and The Victim, and much-loved returning series Celebrity Catchphrase and Antiques Road Trip.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Facilities Coordinator to join our Facilities team based in Glasgow, working Monday to Friday (37 hours per week). The successful candidate will provide administration and relief support to other operational areas within the team.
- Dealing with incoming mail, typing reports, creating spreadsheets, maintaining filing systems, coding and checking electronic invoices, raising purchase orders, and checking and recording driving licenses.
- Maintaining archive system, booking travel and hotels, data input and updating transport database, fielding sales calls, booking meeting rooms, and checking conference suites for presentation and cleanliness. Set up Health and Safety training modules for staff and running reports on the system.
- Helpdesk support dealing with inquiries from internal customers by telephone and e-mail, regarding building facilities and services e.g., housekeeping, conference suite bookings, and set-ups, mobile phone queries/ordering
- Facilities’ Runners support – maintaining petty cash and stock, ensuring tea prep areas are stocked and clean. Providing hospitality and catering services to conference and meeting rooms.
- Mailroom support – collecting mail, dealing with couriers, sorting incoming mail, and franking external mail. Also, retrieving boxes from the archive and setting up conference rooms.
- Reception and switchboard support – welcoming guests to STV and answering incoming telephone calls.
- Assist in any other aspect of the work of the company as reasonably required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable related administration experience.
- Experience in reception and switchboard duties is desirable.
- Interpersonal skills coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A customer-focused attitude and a proven track record of delivering excellent customer service.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience and proficiency in using all MS Office applications.
There are plenty of reasons why it’s great to work at STV, here are just a few of the perks for you;
- 25 days paid annual leave and 9 public holidays per annum
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday.
- A Healthcare cash plan provides Company contributions towards dental, optical, wellbeing, or other healthcare costs.
- Company pension contribution.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket travel loan.
- On-site occupational health service.
- Flexible benefits portal providing a range of retail and gym discounts.