|Hiring Organization||Polo Ralph Lauren|
|Post Name||Senior Assistant Buyer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 6000 To AUD 7000 Per Month|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing, and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren’s reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands, and international markets.
The Company’s brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, and Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world’s most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups, and Celebration.
This is an exciting new opportunity to join the Ralph Lauren family as an Assistant Buyer! We are searching for two experienced fashion merchandisers to join either our Womenswear or Childrenswear department on a permanent full-time basis.
The objective of this role is to manage a fashion category to maximize commercial opportunities through the effective management of inventory, driving sales through improved availability and forecasting and reducing markdown, and maximizing profit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Provide a weekly summary of key performance indicators within the department of responsibility and the wider business, relating to sales, stock, profit, markdown, and market insights.
- Key contact for all analysis relating to the department of responsibility and the wider business.
- Maintain Weekly Stock Sales and Intake forecasts at the store level.
- Give strategic inputs in-store allocation, replenishment, and manage inventory levels.
- Key contact for stores on any inventory availability queries and pricing queries.
- Provide analysis and summary of Markdown and Promotional activity.
- Effective management of current markdown, promotional, and aged inventory.
- Do frequent store visits to gain an understanding of customers and provide feedback on range performance.
- Take an active part in assisting with in-store product training and collating material for product knowledge and styling guide.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve seasonal performance and drive best practices.
- Conduct detailed ad-hoc analysis when required on specific products/product groups
- Provide historical analysis to develop Seasonal planning forecasts for departments of responsibility, and create in-depth post-season analysis on a quarterly basis.
- Investigate how the sale of products or of the store can be increased.
- Any other ad hoc duties as reasonably requested
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
Minimum 3 years of specific experience in fashion retail merchandising preferably Womenswear or Childrenswear.
- Advanced planning and analytical skills, including computer skills (Specifically excel)
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Confidence in suggesting calculated risks
- Strong customer awareness and understanding
- Passionate about a product, strong market and brand awareness
- Professional with excellent communication skills
- Exceptionally organized, methodical, and efficient.
- Timekeeping & ability to meet stringent deadlines