- Company Name: Spirit Airlines
Location: Houston, TX
- Job Type: Full-time
Flight Attendants are the face of Spirit – they welcome Guests with a smile; they are fun and friendly, relaxed and confident, and playful yet professional. Spirit Flight Attendants care about getting Guests where they need to be safely, reliably, and on time. As a Spirit Flight Attendant, you are responsible for providing excellence in Guest services and an enjoyable experience on board any one of our aircraft. We proudly fly one of the youngest fleets in the U.S. and are looking for the friendliest Flight Attendants to fly our skies with us! Sounds like something you’d like to do? We thought so, too. As a representative of Spirit Airlines, you will help our Guests love and appreciate Spirit’s unbundled fares. We proudly make it easy for our Guests to choose the optional services they value most. Spirit’s Flight Attendants provide leadership, direction, and assistance to fellow Spirit Team Members and Guests.
We proudly fly one of the youngest fleets in the U.S. and are looking for the friendliest Flight Attendants to fly our skies with us! Spirit’s Flight Attendants provide leadership, direction, and assistance to fellow Spirit Team Members and Guests. Sounds like something you’d like to do? We thought so, too.
Want to learn more? Click here to see what it takes to be a Spirit Flight Attendant.
At Spirit, our mission is to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth! We are leaders in providing customizable travel options and make it possible for our Guests to venture further and discover more than ever before by serving destinations throughout the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean! Imagine making your mark on an organization introducing hundreds of new aircraft that will double our fleet!
- Fly With A Winner: Our constant growth and improvement mean boundless career opportunities. Team Members develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive long-term success.
- The Giving Spirit: We are committed to inspiring positive change in the cities where we work and live. That starts with giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and The Spirit Airlines Charitable Foundation.
- Be Yourself: We want Team Members to feel empowered to bring their whole self to work and contribute to our success – that’s why we’re committed to building progress in the areas of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging. Our Spirit Family is strong, not despite our differences, but because of them.
- Travel The World: We offer competitive base salaries with robust health & welfare benefits, including travel & flight benefits for you and your family.
- High School Diploma or GED required, College degree preferred.
- At least two (2) years of experience in the Guest Service, Hospitality, and/or Sales/Merchandising industry.
- Required to attend and successfully complete a 4-week Initial Flight Attendant training.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be at least 5’0 (without shoes).
- Spirit Flight Attendants may be required to assist Guests with their carry-on luggage, lift and open the emergency exit doors, push beverage carts up and down the aisle, and stand for long periods of time. While this is a non-inclusive list, you must be able to meet the physical requirements of this role.
- Must be able to comply with our no visible tattoo policy.
- Must be able to comply with our piercing policy. Flight Attendants are allowed two matching earrings in the earlobe only. No other visible piercings are allowed. Earlobe gauges and cuffs are not allowed.
- Must be able to fasten a four-point jump seat harness without the use of extension devices.
- Must have a passport with at least six(6) months of validity that grants you the ability to travel in and out of the USA and to all cities/countries served by Spirit Airlines.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Must be dependable, energetic, outgoing, a team player, and demonstrate leadership and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, days, and holidays.
- Ability to work in close quarters with service animals as well as all snack items, including but not limited to peanuts.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Must be proficient in the English language; bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Must maintain a polished, professional, and conservative appearance at all times.
- A driver’s license is preferred.
- Please be advised that you may be asked to complete a recorded video interview in order to be considered for this position. This recorded video interview is the final step of your application process and must be completed in order for your application to be considered.
- Responsible for the safety and comfort of Guests aboard the aircraft while providing exemplary service.
- Provide Guests with briefings pre-flight, during flight, and after landing.
- Assist Guests by answering any inquiries they may have in addition to aiding Guests with their carry-on items, which may require overhead lifting.
- Market, sell, and provide snacks and beverages to Guests.
- Check emergency equipment and be aware of hazardous situations in the cabin.
- Demonstrate the use of emergency equipment as required.
- Provides leadership, direction, and assistance during an emergency situation, including aircraft evacuation, administering first aid to ill or incapacitated Guests, and during incidents such as turbulent flights and delayed flights.
- Maintain compliance with all Federal Aviation Regulations as well as Spirit’s policies and procedures.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs, or technical developments).
- Care Card: A preloaded care card with $1305 will be provided to all trainees for meals and expenses at the beginning of training. A daily limit of $75 is set on the card which cannot be exceeded.
- Graduation Bonus: As a reward for successfully graduating from the Flight Attendant Initial Training program, each trainee will receive a one-time bonus of $1,250.
- Tuition Reimbursement: $4,500 tuition reimbursement maximum per year.
- We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, graduation bonus, and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our Team Members.
At Spirit, our mission is to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth! We are leaders in providing customizable travel options and make it possible for our Guests to venture further and discover more than ever before. We want Team Members to feel empowered to bring their whole self to work. Our constant growth and improvement mean boundless career opportunities. Join our crew and become a member of the Spirit Family today! Apply now!
Click here to learn what it takes to be a Spirit Flight Attendant!
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.