USPS Jobs in New York City
U.S. Postal Service
|Post Name||Forensic Computer Analyst|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 63350 To USD 129350 Per Year|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10001|
Conducts forensic analyses of digital and other multimedia evidence utilizing appropriate scientific methodologies, forensic techniques, and quality assurance practices in support of criminal and administrative investigations.
- Conducts forensic examinations of digital and other multimedia evidence through the application of scientific practices for the recognition, collection, analysis, and interpretation of digital evidence for criminal and civil law or regulatory purposes.
- Examines and analyzes the evidence and interprets scientific observations and data to render conclusions, form opinions and produce reports utilizing a full range of electronic search methods and forensic examination techniques.
- Provides expert witness testimony; produces comprehensive reports and illustrative exhibits for federal, state, and local judicial proceedings at a level sufficient to explain evidence interpretations and conclusions from forensic examinations and scientific data to a lay audience.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and technical advisor in matters relating to the proper collection, preservation, packaging, and submission of digital and multimedia evidence; participates in crime scene evidence collection activities in major field investigations; ensures evidence handling requirements are met.
- Performs ongoing evaluation and validation of laboratory instrumentation and methods, operating protocols, and safety practices under supervision; maintains awareness of safety procedures and identifies possible physical conditions and/or laboratory procedures that may create unsafe conditions.
- Delivers training in laboratory services, evidence collection, crime scene processing, and field examination.
- Conducts studies and research for improving forensic analyses, and scientific methods, and resolving forensic examination problems.
- Acts as liaison with postal management and federal, state, and local organizations on technical developments, forensic methods, and investigative problems of common interest.
- Analyzes systems to assist with network intrusion and cybersecurity investigations to determine the cause and extent of a breach.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
- The US Postal Inspection Service is seeking to fill Forensic Computer Analyst positions in Anaheim, CA, Denver, CO, and New York, NY. These positions are with the Postal Inspection Service and are Headquarters/Headquarters-related.
- The duties and qualifications required for each position are available through the link under “How to Apply.”
- Come work in an energetic, lively, and collegial atmosphere on a wide range of complex, fast-paced, challenging matters.
- A qualified applicant must successfully pass a drug screening and background investigation.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in order to prepare reports of examination results and conclusions, and provide testimony as an expert witness before state, federal, or other judicial bodies.
- Ability to provide training related to laboratory services, evidence collection, and field examination.
- Knowledge of evidence collection, preservation, packaging, and shipment procedures is sufficient to serve as a technical advisor in such matters and to ensure evidence handling requirements are met.
- Knowledge of forensic science techniques, laboratory protocols, research methodologies, quality assurance standards, and computer forensic and cyber security examination procedures.
- instrumentation, and software sufficient to properly access, preserve, and extract appropriate evidence from a variety of media and conduct detailed and complex analyses and interpretations of the value of evidentiary items.
- Ability to render conclusions/opinions and make recommendations based on forensic practices of recognition, collection, and interpretation of digital and multimedia evidence related to computer forensic examinations.
- EDUCATION/ CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, forensic science, or a closely related field from a college or university accredited by a national or regional accreditation organization recognized and sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Education.
- NOTE: Employees in the Forensic Computer Analyst or Forensic Computer Analyst Sr position prior to June 27, 2015, are exempt from this requirement.
- Ability to conduct and document scientific research related to computer forensic examinations.
Special Conditions: CERTIFICATION: International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists (IACIS) Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE) or the International Society of Forensic Computer Examiners (ISFCE) Certified Computer Examiner (CCE) or Defense.
The salary will be based on previous experience and current postal pay policies. We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, and annual and sick leave.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant professional.
educational and work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified in the Qualifications section above, required for this position.
As a new or existing federal employee, you and your family may have access to a range of benefits. Your benefits depend on the type of position you have – whether you’re a permanent, part-time, temporary, or intermittent employee. You may be eligible for the following benefits, however, check with your agency to make sure you’re eligible under their policies.
Once you are on the website, click “Search our latest job postings” OR select “Start your career profile.” You will have an opportunity to upload any requested documents to your profile.
This is a two-step application process requiring you to create a profile and submit an application for the position you are applying for.
You will receive two email confirmations:
- After submitting your application you will receive a second email confirming your application has been successfully submitted.
- An email confirming your profile is complete.