|Post Name||Casework Support Officer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 35 To AUD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia 2500|
About us- We care
CatholicCare is a local not-for-profit organization committed to helping those in need regardless of religious beliefs, background, or circumstances. Our Vision is for inclusive, thriving communities where the human dignity of all is respected and valued.
We provide services that support people across all stages of life: early childhood education, out-of-school hours care, community age and disability Care, foster care, school counseling, and parenting courses across the Illawarra, Shoalhaven, Southern Highlands, and the Macarthur regions.
We are proud to offer genuine career pathway opportunities to our employees so they can continue to work with us even if they chose to pursue a different profession within the sector.
About our role- We care about others
The Casework Support Officer will be responsible for undertaking tasks that support the Case Managers with:
- Case planning and documentation
- Referrals, appointments, home visits, family finding
- Day to day team priorities for the provision of quality case management
- support children and young people (aged 0-18 years) who live with foster carers
- Short-term, long-term, or respite foster care placements throughout the Illawarra and Shoalhaven regions
This is a casual position.
Our benefits- We care about you
In addition to being part of an organization that genuinely makes a difference in people’s lives you will also enjoy:
- Competitive salaries and hourly rates
- Salary packaging options
- Additional paid personal leave every year
- Long Service Leave after 7 years of service
- Study Leave
- Professional development including internal and external training opportunities
- Healthy work/life balance through hybrid working models, flex time, and flexible working arrangements*
- Free and confidential counseling through our Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted gym memberships through Fitness Passport
- Peace of mind driving to and from work with Employee Journey Insurance
Our requirements to provide care
- Certificate III or tertiary qualification in a relevant field including community services, social work, welfare, etc.
- Sound knowledge of child and adolescent development, parenting practices, effects of family violence, trauma, abuse, and neglect.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of child protection and out-of-home care policy, legislation, and standards.
- Demonstrated experience working with marginalized individuals and families with complex needs and the ability to relate to people from diverse cultural and social backgrounds
- A current driver’s license
- A current Working with Children Check
- Employees are required to have received 2 doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine; or has been issued with a Medical Contraindication Certificate on the prescribed NSW Health form, exempting them from vaccination