|Hiring Organization||SMEC Australia Pty Ltd|
|Post Name||Survey Technician / Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 70000 To AUD 80000 Per Year|
Geelong, Victoria, Australia 3220
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organization.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking, and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC you join a flexible, growing organization that has a genuine commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, diversity and improving the world we live in.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the urban development industry is the result of building long-term client relationships to provide integrated consulting services to plan.
Design, construct and manage complex urban development and built environment projects in tandem with our other integrated Business Units. Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world.
The Urban Development Consulting Division of SMEC employs professional staff including Civil Engineers, Surveyors, Town Planners, Urban Designers, Master Planners, Landscape Architects, and Project Managers.
We provide integrated consulting services needed to plan, design, construct and manage projects from concept to completion.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the urban development industry is the result of building long-term client relationships.
We partner with, and understand the specific needs of our clients and provide integrated consulting services to plan, design, construct and manage complex urban development and built environment projects.
With over 16,500 employees working out of 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, and North, and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated urban development expertise to our clients worldwide.
We’re strengthening our already established capabilities as we enhance our services across a range of new urban development market sectors.
Significant opportunity to kick off your career in Cadastral Surveying. We have exciting career opportunities in our Geelong offices for:
- Undergraduate Surveyors
- Graduate Surveyors and
- Survey Assistants
- Survey Technicians
We are flexible and looking to make appointments on a full-time, part-time or casual / contract basis. Candidates with a passion for the outdoors are urgently needed to support our growing Melbourne Survey team.
Under guidance from our Project / Senior Surveyors, successful candidates will undertake field duties and assist in the preparation of Survey plans and topography surveys.
- Travel to survey sites across Victoria (predominantly on the fringes of Melbourne’s growth corridor, but can be anywhere, including some rural and interstate work at times)
- Collecting survey details in the field
- Analyzing and collating data and producing calculations and plans
- Use and care of surveying equipment
- Liaising with project managers and appropriate stakeholders to ascertain information required to undertake documentation tasks Assisting with data transfer, field survey set-out & data collection, reduction, and processing
- Graduate Engineers are enrolled in our highly esteemed Graduate Development Program
- Structured online and face-to-face training, mentorship, and development
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Relevant Survey qualifications/undertaking/intending to undertake a Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Surveying
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of using a sledgehammer for hitting multiple survey title pegs
- Comfortable with early starts in a field-based role
- Current Victorian Drivers’ License and own reliable vehicle to get to sites
- General understanding of spatial information & mapping
- Previous experience in the Australian survey field (preferred)
- Awareness of and adherence to safe work practices
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business. Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organization that helps to shape our communities, industries, and the global landscape.
Our continued growth provides new and exciting opportunities for our people, with our employees having the benefit of enjoying a consistent flow of significant projects, and end-to-end responsibilities.