Jobs in Wellington No Experience
|Post Name||General Labourer|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 22 To NZD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Wellington, New Zealand 6035|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high-caliber services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We are currently looking for Surfacing Workers to join us in Wellington. Whether you are based in Wellington or looking to relocate, this is the place to be We’re interested in chatting with you whether you are knowledgeable in Surfacing or new to the industry and have a keen interest in trying something new!
What do we offer?
- Working conditions that give you a work-life balance, job security, and a rewarding hourly rate
- Full time (40 hours per week guaranteed) plus overtime and other benefits.
- Excellent opportunities for further training and career progression for those who work hard.
About the team:
Joining the team, you will be assisting our surfacing crews in carrying out laboring duties. You will be based in Wellington but will have the opportunity to perfect your craft across the region. There will be a variety of day, night, and weekend work so flexibility is key.
If you are motivated and have a genuine interest in a career in Roading/Civil Infrastructure then we want to hear from you.
- A Class 1 Full New Zealand driver’s license is required, additional licenses and endorsements are beneficial!
- Preferred knowledge in a Roading/Construction environment preferred
- Strong focus on Health and Safety
- Great communication and relationship-building skills.
- Enjoy physical activity and are fit, energetic, and self-motivated.
How to apply:
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free – all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don’t delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible. Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manages all our vacancies.
No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.