|Post Name||TPT Production Worker|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 17 To CAD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Oshawa, Ontario, Canada L1J 1N6|
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at GM’s Oshawa Assembly.
At Oshawa Assembly, we’re starting a brand-new chapter and are already building both the Chevrolet Silverado HD and LD trucks in less than a year. We’re on the journey to achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion, and building quality trucks play an integral role in helping us fund this future.
We’re looking for new team members to help bring this vision to life in Oshawa. Starting from day one, we’re creating a workplace where we work as One Team and embrace a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and supported.
We want those who are bold, innovative, and ready to take on challenges and strive for excellence. Our journey is just beginning, and we want you to be a part of it.
Selected candidates will learn new skills and actively play an integral role in the development of new plant processes and people. The opportunities at Oshawa Assembly are endless as we build the organization from the ground up and shape it into a Workplace of Choice.
We are looking for Temporary Full-Time Production (TPT) Team Members to join our Oshawa Assembly team! As an integral part of the General Motors Oshawa Assembly team, you will be responsible for safely performing production assignments in our fast-paced vehicle manufacturing environment on a full-time basis.
You are a motivated and self-disciplined team player who shares our core values: Customers, Relationships, Excellence, and Seek Truth, and you are able to function in a manufacturing team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
Additional Job Description
- Ability to work on a steady midnight shift (3rd Shift).
- Report for work on time for all scheduled shifts to support production startup and throughput and quality goals.
- Saturday shifts and other overtime may be required as part of the production schedule.
- An exemplary level of safety awareness and compliance. Understand, support, and execute all work in a safe manner and comply with a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.
- Demonstrate professional and respectful behavior. We have an inclusive workplace.
- Ability to read, interpret and adhere to documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, work instructions, procedure manuals, and policies.
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which include a comprehensive assessment and background check.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Successful candidates will be required to attest to, and be prepared to provide proof of, their vaccination status and that any job offer will be conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated.
Physical Demands of the Job:
- Perform bench, floor, or conveyor assembly work, usually of short cycle duration, and involving standardized work elements.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow written work instructions. Physical labor is required to perform various production assignments.
- Work may involve using hand positioning, assist devices such as hoists, and power tools or other equipment.
What Else You Need To Know:
- We are a Unifor-represented workplace
- We offer competitive wage rates
- This is a temporary full-time position in our production environment. We anticipate that you will be assigned to a steady midnight shift.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer, and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds, and our culture.
Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs.
Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging.
We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers.
We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada, please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.