|Hiring Organization||Adevinta Group|
|Post Name||Frontend Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 103000 To AUD 120000 Per Year|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2009|
Gumtree Australia is Australia’s favorite local marketplace connecting buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find just about everything. There are more than 3 million listings across hundreds of categories and 80,000 new ads are posted every single day.
On average, more than 7 million Australians visit Gumtree each month, and we’re proud to say we’re one of the top shopping apps in Australia.
Facilitating successful and safe local trade is our main priority. Our mission is to empower people and create economic opportunity and be Australia’s favorite local marketplace for all of life’s needs
As a Front End Engineer, you’ll work on a cross-functional delivery team building new and exciting experiences for Gumtree users. You will be working within an Agile environment and using modern frameworks and tools, you will craft code that solves problems for users as well as build tools that improve the system and support our teams.
A day in the life of
- Work with your team to deliver well-crafted code, high-quality, well-tested, and scalable code.
- Know the codebase and write clean code, practice Pair Programming with other contributors, mentor, and learn together.
- Understand delivery goals and participate in sprint planning and grooming sessions.
- Be a communicator, create alignment among contributors from different teams, and consult Product and UX about the technical implications of product ideas.
- Find a good balance between short-term delivery and long-term scalability goals.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by taking on tech debt, conducting code reviews, initiating refactoring, and improving build and test systems
You can fill these boots with
- 3+ years of experience as a Front-end software engineer working in cross-functional teams
- Experience building accessible, semantic, and performant web applications
- Experience with CSS preprocessors, CSS modules, and styled-components
- Advanced understanding of design, implementation, and operation of distributed services and APIs
- Experience with Automated testing using technologies like a jest, enzyme, a testing library
- Experience with package managers like npm and building pipelines like Webpack
- Good understanding of Build Pipelines
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery, and continuous delivery
- A high aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- You understand quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience for the users
- Independently and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts
- Strong communication and other soft skills that help in dealing with people
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation including generous paid parental leave
- Allocated training budget
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Fantastic team culture
- Free health insurance, educational assistance program, dental and vision subsidies