|Post Name||Head Chef|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 30 To AUD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3000|
Compass Group is the global market leader in providing food and a range of support services to customers in the workplace, schools and colleges, hospitals, at leisure, and in remote environments. We operate in over 50 countries, employ over 508,000 people, and are a recognized top 10 employer worldwide.
Eurest is your complete workplace food and catering partner. We can take care of everything from your tea room to the boardroom, as well as create customized workplace eateries you can call your own. We’re also very experienced at looking after the food and beverage needs of corporate offices, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities.
We currently have an opportunity for a Head Chef at Moorabbin Airport. This role is based at one of our prestigious aviation academies providing daily food to an array of customers and clients.
You will showcase your talents in a centralized production kitchen with state-of-the-art facilities, managing a strong culinary brigade and working in a supportive environment with a well-oiled team. This role works on a Monday to Friday roster and offers free parking onsite – Welcome to your new work-life balance!!
- Plan, supervise, monitor, and evaluate food production and menu-based catering.
- Responsible for stock control, budgets, rostering, staff mentoring, training & liaising with the client.
- Assist and oversee the preparation, cooking, and presentation of all our culinary offerings.
- Actively maintain a complete awareness and desire for nutrition and healthy eating.
- Ensuring accurate implementation of allergy awareness controls.
- Maintain efficient operations across multi-services and liaise with clients and other key stakeholders.
- Maintaining a high standard of food hygiene, safety, and cleanliness.
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
- An unwavering love of food and the art of cooking.
- Experience in leading, mentoring, and developing teams.
- Passionate about healthy and nutritious eating.
- Experience in the creation of Chinese cuisine.
- Have a genuine passion for using sustainable practices and local produce.
- A high level of commercial acumen.
- Experience in HACCP, food safety, and infection control.
- Previous experience in a large production kitchen.
- Proficiency in applications of Microsoft 365.
Our people are awesome. They breathe life into our brands. They make great things happen. We believe in the opportunity to recognize and develop great talent and offer many diverse opportunities. We offer discounts and benefits at hundreds of retail outlets and have 100+ salary packaging options available.
We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, men and women of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientations, and People with Disability to apply. Join a company whose core values are Respect, Growth, and Teamwork.