|Hiring Organization||Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare|
|Post Name||Environmental Services Worker|
|Qualification||Minimum Grade 12|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 25 To CAD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9C 3Z4|
Reporting to the Environmental Services Supervisor or designate, the Environmental Service Worker is responsible for performing a variety of cleaning tasks including but not limited to; washroom cleaning, hard and soft floor care, patient rooms, office areas, and waste handling and disposal (pick-up, transport, compact, and package for off-site disposal).
The incumbent complies with Occupational Health and Safety Standards for the hospital and is proactive in promoting a safe work environment.
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions and measurements in English
- High standards of sanitation and safety
- Reliable and responsible work standards
- Ability to work well with others and also with minimal supervision
- Ability to correctly operate (push, pull, grip) various types of industrial cleaning equipment
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. maximum, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to50 lbs. when handling supplies
- Must be able to stand/walk on hard floors for prolonged periods without causing undue strain
- Must be able to reach and bend in order to clean high and low surfaces must be able to climb and balance on ladders in order to clean windows, vents, etc., and change curtains and drapes
- General good health and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position
- Ability to work safely in accordance with all aspects of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Ability to work within a collaborative interdisciplinary team approach. Excellent communication skills with the command of the French language are considered an asset.
- Hotel-Dieu Grace Healthcare is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human
- Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
Education and/or Certification:
• Minimum Grade 12
- FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.