Hotel Manager – Jumeirah Beach Hotel
- Company Name: Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
Employment Type: Full Time
- Experience: 5 Years
- Job Type: Hospitality, Hotel
- Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Beach Hotel is looking to recruit an experienced Hotel Manager with a strong background in the Food & Beverage stream for our flagship hotel in Dubai. This is a critical role, and an exciting time to join the hotel’s leadership team, due to a number of new openings and projects in the pipeline. Responsibilities are diverse in this expansive luxury resort and the successful candidate will be responsible for the below and more:
- Assist in the execution of the hotel’s business strategy to achieve goals set in the hotel’s Balance Scorecard.
- Conduct frequent and thorough inspections of the different hotel operations to ensure service excellence is consistently maintained.
- Verify the quality of the products used in the hotel operation on a regular basis.
- Take responsibility for the timely delivery of capital projects to ensure company assets are effectively maintained.
- Encourage and foster teamwork in order to share resources and best practices between departments.
- Ensure health, safety, hygiene, and other relevant legislative obligations are fulfilled, ensuring the safety and well-being of the hotel, guests, and colleagues.
- Conduct or chair regular communication meetings with department heads and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Lead the operation in the absence of General Manager when required.
- Act as Senior Manager on Duty for the hotel as scheduled.
- Perform any other duties that management may reasonably require.
- Ensure that each operation is accounted for separately as an individual profit operational budget strictly adhered to.
- Assist the Managing Director to prepare monthly forecasts, annual marketing plans, and business review reports as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with financial results (budget vs actual) in sales and cost areas and ensure that sales and profit are maximized.
- Control expenses and recommend and implement measures to control them.
- Maintain all hotel records and reports as prescribed by the company and hotel policies and procedures.
- Ensure departmental meetings are well planned, result-oriented, and produce effective outcomes.
- Ensure that an effective marketing approach is applied to all operations.
- Fully understand the market needs and desires for each operation and ensure that the relevant products are developed by the management team.
- Be available to meet with guests and help Department Heads deal with discerning or unsatisfied guests, responding to guest complaints in a timely and empathic manner.
- Closely monitor guest feedback, communicate feedback results, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist the Managing Director to recruit and select members of the management team who meet the Jumeirah profile and can deliver Jumeirah core competencies.
- Mentor/coach and provide learning and development opportunities for Department Heads and Managers and encourage them to take responsibility for their own development and growth.
- Manage the performance of all direct reports in line with the company policy
- Actively support Jumeirah Emiratization strategy and ensure local colleagues are given opportunities to learn and grow.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience leading F&B as part of the career journey and a strong working knowledge of all hotel operations including Rooms and other functions.
- Experience with projects, new F&B concepts, and successful launches.
- Management qualification from a recognized hotel school or internationally recognized university.
- Evidence of continuous professional and personal development activities.
- At least 5 years experience in a senior management role in a luxury 5-star hotel resort.
- Experience dealing with and fostering good relations with asset management or owner representatives.
- Demonstrable achievements in improving customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Working with a culturally diverse workforce.
- Combination of operational experience in both Rooms and Food & Beverage.
- Middle East experience.
- Resort experience.
- Proficiency in spoken and written business English.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to manage large and diverse operations.
- Effective Communication Skills.
Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts are regarded as among the most luxurious and innovative in the world and have won numerous international travel and tourism awards. The company was founded in 1997 with the aim to become a hospitality industry leader by establishing a world-class portfolio of luxury hotels and resorts. Building on this success, in 2004 Jumeirah Group became a member of Dubai Holding – a collection of leading Dubai-based businesses and projects – in line with a new phase of growth and development for the Group.