|Hiring Organization||Grand Hyatt Baha Mar|
|Post Name||Executive Sous Chef|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||BSD 40000 To BSD 50000 Per Year|
|Location||Nassau, Bahamas 00000|
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences to each guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren’t just met-they’re exceeded.
It’s a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It’s a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Our Hyatt Culture is represented by our mission, values, and goals through Innovative, Respect, Service-Oriented, and Inclusion. Innovative, Hyatt is forward-thinking and passionate as we seek new ways to advance in the hospitality industry.
Respect, Hyatt associates are inspired by the team’s spirit and camaraderie given to one another. Service-Oriented, Hyatt is customer-focused by providing authentic hospitality in every way every time.
Diversity and Inclusion, Diversity is an integral part of who we are and what we represent. The goal of the Executive Sous Chef is to work directly with and in the absence of the Executive Chef to maintain and improve the culinary operations.
The ideal Executive Sous Chef will accomplish this by monitoring the daily functions of the culinary department, including providing support and guidance to the culinary team, ending in a positive guest experience.
- Support senior leadership by developing and assuming key management responsibilities
- Assume the role of liaison between all departments within the culinary division and all other hotel departments
- Supervise departmental Sous Chef’s performance and provide their council as to the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Develop and implement creative menu items that adhere to Hyatt brand standards
- Plan, coordinate & implement special events and holiday functions
- Manage hourly kitchen employees through scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, evaluating, and hiring
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, and quality and consistency on a daily basis ensuring financial performance and control
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- Organize and facilitate departmental meetings, training, and goals setting
- In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- Possess strong leadership, communication, organization, and relationship skills
- Experience with training, financial management, and customer service
- Proficient in general computer knowledge
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
- Culinary education and/or appropriate level of on-the-job training and hotel culinary experience
- Geographic and schedule flexibility preferred
Hyatt develops Executive Sous Chefs to progress into the role of Executive Chef through the training of Banquets, Restaurants, and Garde Manger. Executive Sous Chefs report directly to the Executive Chef.
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts believes in a strong commitment to promotion from within. Begin your career today as the Executive Sous Chef and find yourself as the Executive Chef within a few years. 70% of management hired is from within Hyatt, and 89% of the Managing Committee is promoted from within. The statistics are there; make it your next step!
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in the culinary field. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment, or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.