|Hiring Organization||Mercer Administration Services|
|Post Name||Client Relations Officer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 40 To AUD 50 Per Hour|
|Location||Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia 2500|
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Coniston office: Client Relations Officer.
Be a credible and professional point of contact to clients (including client teams) by providing timely and professional responses to queries, escalated matters, and requests for information. This role also supports the Account Manager by identifying potential enhancements and providing reporting that relates to the provision of services to Mercer Administration Services’ clients.
What is in it for you?
At Mercer, we recognize that our most important asset is our people. We offer a great team environment with energetic and supportive colleagues as well as programs that support career development to support and nurture you with every opportunity to reach your full potential.
We recognize the value of healthy, happy colleagues and promote a culture of care and wellbeing, offering a competitive range of health, wealth, and lifestyle benefits which include:
- Discounted insurances.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Community Volunteer Leave.
Client-related requests, complaints, and escalations;
- Build effective relationships with relevant client stakeholders and liaise, communicate and coordinate activities, resolve issues and respond to requests received on behalf of our stakeholders. This needs to be performed in line with service level agreements and by effectively managing competing priorities.
- Identify risks associated with services provided and recommend remedial action through appropriate channels.
- Coordinate the rectification of member accounts with colleagues to satisfy client requirements related to work conducted within the team; as required per fund and procedure, prepare, and process, or oversee account adjustments in line with established processes and procedures.
- Be a conduit and facilitation point between the client and internal teams that require client consideration or decisions.
- Prepare detailed formal reports in a timely manner and informal reports as required in line with stakeholder expectations.
- Prepare written correspondence that is well-structured, easy to follow, and consistent with corporate policies and communication protocols; collaborate with the Account Manager to prepare end-to-end complaints management and/or complex correspondence (as required), as per the fund process.
- Preparation of client invoices for peer review and Account Manager review, for issuing to clients.
Internal improvement to our client offering;
- Suggest changes to business processes to improve processing efficiencies and/or team cooperation; identify system problems and initiate “Service Requests” in consultation with the Account Manager; participate in the testing of new systems and/or system enhancements as required.
- Use fund rules, legislation, and relevant working knowledge to assist in the review of processes, procedures, and other relevant documentation; highlight operational risks and contribute to solutions and controls with other teams in accordance with the relevant operating procedures.
- Participate in the testing of new systems and/or existing system enhancements and assist with data validations as required.
Team collaboration and adherence to standards;
- Maintain appropriate records systems to ensure the accurate, timely, and safe storage of information; maintain appropriate confidentiality and privacy regarding all records at all times.
- Adopt a team approach to ensure all tasks are completed in accordance with relevant service standards and accurately; actively contribute to a positive, productive, and cooperative working environment; actively participate in team meetings and performance development processes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, scheme rules, processes, and practices; cooperate with internal /external audit reviews, and represent Mercer on committees (as required).
- Where specifically related to successful and relevant task completion, provide mentoring, guidance, and support to other employees to build knowledge and capabilities across the team.
- Attendance in client meetings where required, taking formal minutes.
What you need to have:
Knowledge and skills;
- Ability to provide prompt, efficient, and professional customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Solution-oriented problem-solving skills.
- The ability to liaise, engage with and influence a varied range of stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze data with a high level of attention to detail and provide a quality outcome.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum certificate level qualifications in Superannuation; ideally diploma level qualification.
- Detailed technical knowledge and understanding of superannuation fund administration, and relevant legislation.
- RG146 qualified or aptitude and willingness to complete certification; maintenance of SuperCPD points once RG146 qualified.
What makes you stand out?
- Experience working in superannuation fund administration.
- Proven experience with excel.
- Experience with applications of client/fund-specific rules and policies, to ensure the timely analysis and response to queries.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries.
Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy, and people, with 81,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $19 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.