|Post Name||Senior Data Science Manager|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Science|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 198000 To CAD 288000 Per Year|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Each of us is a mixture of a statistician, scientist, machine learning expert, and engineer. We have a passion for building and improving Internet-scale products. We seek to understand human behavior via careful experimentation and analysis, to “help people get jobs”.
You’re someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions and how to train others to do so.
You find passion in the craft and are constantly seeking improvement and better ways to solve tough problems. You produce the highest quality Data Science solutions and lead others to do the same.
You understand that the best managers serve their teams by removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You have high standards and will take pride in Indeed like we do as well as push us to be better. You have delivered challenging technical solutions at scale.
You have led Data Science or engineering teams, and earned the respect of talented practitioners. You are equally happy talking about deep learning and statistical inference, as you are brainstorming about practical experimental design and technology career development. You love being in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions and how to coach others to do so. You find passion in the craft and are constantly seeking improvement and better ways to solve tough problems.
You produce the highest quality Data Science solutions and lead others to do the same. You support a culture of diversity and inclusion so that Indeed can deliver the most impactful, innovative work to help all job seekers get jobs.
- Significant prior success as a Data, Product, or Decision Science Manager working on challenging problems at scale.
- Strong ability to coach Data Scientists, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics or equivalent field
- 7+ years of industry experience, with expertise in Data Science, Business Analytics, or Data Analysis.
- Strong ability to code in Python.
- Have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionization, and monitoring.
- Passion to answer Product/Engineering questions with data
We get excited about candidates who
- Can do small data modeling work: Python, R, Julia, Octave
- Can do big data modeling work: Hadoop, Pig, Scala, Spark
- Can fish for data: SQL, Pandas, MongoDB
- Can deploy Data Science solutions: Java, Python, C++
- Can communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers and product managers
- Have experience hiring and onboarding a rapidly growing team
- Have experience in search ranking, deep learning, or recommendation systems
Who We Are
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen, and Vancouver, we are improving people’s lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We’re looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance.
The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals and individuals with arrest or conviction records, a fair chance at employment. We also comply with state and local requirements such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.