|Post Name||Production Operator|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 21 To CAD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Kitchener, Ontario, Canada N0B 2E0|
Full Job Description
*** Candidates must be able to work ALL shifts (days, afternoons, and nights) to apply. ***
Shift Schedule runs from Monday-Friday + a mandatory Saturday Overtime if needed. We are a premier North American bakery company and we’ve been in business for 135 years. Our team is passionate about baking the foods your family and friends love to eat, including bread and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, cookies, and more!
Weston Foods proudly serves communities through our ~35 bakeries across North America, and every day, our team strives to elevate moments for our customers and your loved ones by producing high-quality baked goods.
Our bakery team is the heart of our company and plays an important role in keeping North America’s food supply going. Our Production/Machine Operators are essential to our success, and ensure our production equipment is operating smoothly to produce delicious, premier baked goods for our customers.
We are not just a job, we are an extended family, committed to elevating everyday moments and feeding communities and families across the country. Join us and find fulfillment and purpose in your work.
We are currently hiring Production/Machine Operators who are flexible to work on any shift and on weekends whenever required.
On a typical day, you’ll:
- Be responsible for equipment set-up, changeovers, and running production lines as needed for various food products.
- Read work orders and specifications to define prescribed setup operation(s).
- Help troubleshoot equipment problems and support preventative maintenance activities to reduce equipment issues and forced production stoppages.
- Provide input to shift action plan for their equipment area.
- Collaborate with engineers, supervisors, and process engineers to enhance processes, procedures, and training methods.
- Work closely with all production team members to ensure product quality.
- You have strong people skills—you’re approachable, a good listener, and empathetic.
- You have previously worked in a manufacturing environment (even better if it was food manufacturing!)
- You’re dedicated to the health and safety of yourself and your colleagues.
- You digest constructive feedback as an opportunity to listen and improve your skills, abilities, and performance.
- You are someone who listens to comprehend a situation first by asking questions to clarify your own understanding, instead of listening to be able to reply quickly.
- Must be able to work ALL shifts (days, afternoons, and nights).
We offer a competitive benefits package for full-time employees, including strong benefit and pension plans, paid vacation and holidays, overtime opportunities, and a growth path to line leader and supervisory roles.
If you’re excited about this opportunity and love baked goods, we invite you to apply!
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.