Team Leader- Operations
- Company Name: Indeed
Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Salary: $55,000 – $105,000 a year
- Job Type: Full-time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on the role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard, and feels like they belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
This exciting, first-of-its-kind, Team Leader role is the coach of a team of skilled and motivated front-line phone Customer Care Professionals and/or Back Office Operations Representatives. Functions the team will perform may include: investigating enrollments, processing refunds or cancellations, researching addresses for undeliverable mail, resolving billing disputes, managing and/or routing emails and paper mail, handling system exceptions, and placing outbound calls as needed.
- Deliver tailored and effective coaching to a group of phone Customer Care Professionals and/or Back Office Operations Representatives.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions to observe individual performance and provide clear actionable feedback in one-to-one sessions.
- Inspire and motivate colleagues to have a passion to serve, own customer-related challenges, and encourage team members to seek resolution for our customers.
- Create an environment in which all team members feel their contribution is valued and heard.
- Consistently and effectively implement the Performance Management Process as a leadership tool to help employees maximize their performance
- Empower team members to own the first resolution of service-related challenges.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels and partner with the Director to ensure the strong support of our inbound servicing levels.
- Participate in the selection, training, and development of high-performing and highly engaged colleagues.
- Lead and maintain employee satisfaction and engagement by using reward and recognition tools available
- Lead by example, promoting blue box behaviors and encouraging an effective and positive work environment.
- Challenge your team to ‘raise the bar’ and drive continuous improvement.
- Analyze performance management data, identifying opportunities to further drive Overall Customer Satisfaction, Service Levels, and Inventory expectations.
- Ensure our colleagues remain compliant with our policies and/or procedures.
- Communicate the current state of the business regularly and help the team to understand departmental priorities and the impact of these on their role.
- Minimum 1-year experience as a leader in a Contact Center environment
- A passion for, and experience in, the delivery of premium customer service
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities, work in a fast-paced environment, and make decisions quickly
- Demonstrated superior communication/interpersonal skills
- Effective mediator
- Creative and dynamic thinker
- Proven ability to drive improvements in team performance
- Must be flexible to work any schedule/hours to support our servicing levels:
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm ET
- Saturday-Sunday: 10:00 am-6:30 pm ET
Salary Range: $55,000.00 to $105,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we’ll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on the role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees – Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.