|Post Name||Environmental Consultant – Sydney / Brisbane or Perth|
|Qualification||An environmental science-related degree|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 7000 To AUD 8000 Per Month|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
Environmental Consultant – Brisbane, Sydney, or Perth
- Help build a better Australia
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse, and supportive culture
- Join a market-leading team delivering some of Australia’s most significant infrastructure projects and programs
- Enjoy our flexible working environment
As part of one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms, KPMG Australia’s Infrastructure, Assets, and Places (IAP) group bring together market-leading strategic, commercial, and technical capabilities to create something that is truly unique for our clients and our people. To find out more click here.
We are looking for talented individuals who share our purpose of building a better Australia through the planning, procurement, delivery, and optimization of infrastructure, assets, and places.
A core part of the vision for IAP is to attract and retain the best people as a destination employer – offering rewarding careers and investing in the growth of our people.
We are committed to sustaining a positive culture that is:
- Bold and agile
- Diverse and inclusive
- Collaborative and trusting
- Energetic, ambitious, and fun
KPMG Property & Environmental Services is a team of Chartered Surveyors, Environmental Scientists, Structural Engineers, Building Certifiers, and tax specialists located across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide. Focusing primarily on commercial real estate (e.g. office, retail, industrial, hotels) we also are well represented across government and corporate Australia.
Our principal services are technical due diligence, environmental investigations, sustainability services, project management, condition reporting, and tax depreciation and fixed asset analysis. We service property fund managers, state and federal government as well as corporate clients.
Why now and why us
As a priority growth area for KPMG Australia, IAP is investing in both people and technology to enhance our capabilities – and to help our people flourish.
How we grow starts with you, and we believe how you grow matters.
Due to continued growth, KPMG requires an Environmental Consultant in either our Sydney, Brisbane, or Perth office who is ready to take a step up in their career. This is a significant opportunity to further develop your career within a well-established and rapidly expanding business.
This role will give you the responsibility to be involved in a wide range of environmental projects, mainly focused on contaminated land and hazardous building materials, without being pigeon-holed into a dead-end position. As part of this role you will:
- Undertake contaminated land and hazardous building material projects including Preliminary and Detailed Environmental Site Investigations, Remedial Action Plans, Validation Reports, and Hazardous Building Material Assessments.
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders including clients, sub-contractors, authorities, and colleagues.
What we are looking for
- Around 2 to 3 years experience in environmental assessment, focussed on contaminated land ideally with some hazardous building materials identification experience
- An environmental science-related degree (or equivalent)
- Be hands-on and practical
- Demonstrated skills in field sampling techniques
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- The ability to write and present a cohesive, coherent, and technically sound report
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to work with clients and fellow professional consultants
- A professional demeanor that will allow interaction with high-level property executives in formal and informal settings
In return, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary package, reflective of your skills and experience, working within a considerate, compassionate, and collaborative work environment.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities, and characteristics that our people possess, and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognized as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experiences @ KPMG!