|Post Name||Bottling Technician|
|Qualification||High School Diploma or Equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 67000 To CAD 75000 Per Year|
|Location||Windsor, Ontario, Canada N0R 1K0|
In this hands-on production position, you will support the Bottling process by operating a variety of high-speed packaging equipment.
You must be comfortable with working in a fast-paced, non-stop bottling production environment where you will interact with the equipment, safely and efficiently, insuring the highest in product quality.
As a member of the bottling team, and to meet our production schedule, you will be called upon to diagnose equipment issues and provide suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Understand the basic mechanics of the machines and monitor their functions
- Recognize faults in the bottling system, identify practical solutions and make the necessary adjustments
- Work closely with line mechanics in order to efficiently set up the line for production
- Provide support on the line and assist in the training of other employees
- Follow standard operating procedures for quality, safety, and efficiency tracking
- Will be required to provide support on the line and assist in the training of other employees
- Maintain a clean machine and working area
- Other related duties as required
Required Skills & Abilities
- Proven commitment to safety
- Have a thorough working knowledge of Bottling equipment, product handling operations, and the ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently
- Must have good written/oral comprehension skills
- Must have the physical capabilities to:
- Be able to lift up to 30lb. from knee to above shoulder height at an occasional frequency (up to 33% of shift) for up to 8 hours
- I May have to lift full case weight up to 58lb
- Must be able to grip at various widths up to 15lb. in either hand
- Must be able to walk/stand for an entire shift
- I May have to step up to the platform at the occasional frequency for 8 hours
- Must be able to stoop
- Must be able to use hands at competitive speeds with regards to dexterity fingering and handling
- Willingness to work shift work and overtime on the afternoon, night, and weekend shifts
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Ability to perform effectively under conditions of frequent interruptions/distractions
- Proven analytical skills and ability to effectively problem solve
- Willingness to work as a part of a team and collaborate with colleagues as well as work independently
- Continuous learning mindset
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to address concerns and contribute to solutions
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Proven ability to track and understand business metrics
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Thorough understanding of production processes
- Advanced computer interface and automation skills
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including aboriginals, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, creed, family status, national origin, age, and gender.
Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process or wish to view our accommodation policies, please contact the Human Resources Department at Accessibility.
Canada@pernod-ricard.com Thank you for your interest in Pernod Ricard and its subsidiaries, Corby Spirit and Wine Limited and Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. All resumes submitted will be reviewed by our recruitment team and kept on file for six months in consideration of this and future opportunities.
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact provincial offices directly as all recruitment is coordinated through the Corporate Office in Toronto
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.