|Post Name||Case Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 30 To CAD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3C 4A4|
As the Case Manager, you will manage more complex off-work injury claims while acquiring the skills and abilities required to manage increasingly complex rehabilitation and return-to-work plans.
In the role, you will investigate and evaluate claims situations, develop comprehensive rehabilitation plans, promote quality and cost-effective interventions and outcomes, proactively manage claims, and develop an understanding of recovery guidelines and overall ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Maintain contact with claimants, meeting them at their home, in the hospital, or at their workplace.
- Assess claimants’ situations and conduct a cost-benefit analysis to develop plans that balance the claimant’s and organizational needs.
- Facilitate workplace assessments and accommodations.
- Gather and assess medical information to determine entitlements.
- Work collaboratively with Health Care Services and seek professional advice when necessary.
- Work collaboratively with the claimant’s rehabilitation team, seek support or assistance from more senior case managers and facilitate medical consultations as required.
- Develop knowledge of community resources and expertise in building relationships with community partners.
- Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Medical Rehabilitation (Kinesiology or Athletic, Occupational, or Physical Therapy) or a related discipline.
- Degree in Business, Arts, or related discipline.
- Certificate in Rehabilitation Case Management, Rehabilitation Benefits Administration, Disability Management Practitioner, or related case management discipline.
- Three years of case management experience, including one year of experience in customer service in insurance.
As well as:
- Ability to identify, analyze, research, recommend, and implement effective solutions to a variety of situations.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, to clearly convey complex information in a concise and straightforward manner.
- Ability to work with a high level of initiative.
- Candidates must be willing and able to travel within Manitoba.
- Candidates must have access to a personal vehicle.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license.
We offer a comprehensive health benefits program that includes:
- flexible health, dental and vision plans
- health spending account
- travel health coverage
- other extended health benefits such as ambulance, massage, and physiotherapy
In an effort to support financial security, we offer:
- registered pension plan
- group, dependent, and optional life insurance coverage
- critical illness insurance
- sick leave to cover short-term disability
- long-term disability
We offer programs that focus on how to better achieve a balance between work and personal commitments, as well as maintain healthy workplace culture. This includes:
- vacation entitlement
- flexible work program
- maternity, parental and adoptive leaves
- bereavement and family responsibility leaves
- employee and family assistance program
- mental-health programming
- lunch-and-learn offerings
- discounted gym memberships and wellness account
Diversity and inclusion
Manitoba Public Insurance believes that diversity and inclusion strengthen us. We consider ourselves to be a barrier-free organization where individual values, beliefs, and practices are respected and appreciated for the diversity they bring to our work life.
It’s important to recognize our employees for their contributions. Not only do we recognize employees as they achieve milestone years in their careers, but we also have several outlets for leaders and peers to reward each other for work well done.
We want our employees to grow, which is why we offer support in keeping their skills up-to-date. We offer in-house training, professional development, and an educational assistance program.
Safety and health
In an effort to encourage a safe and healthy work environment, we offer various safety, health, and workplace policies and programs along with technical expertise and assistance to support employee activities in safety and health.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.