|Post Name||Warehouse Storeperson|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 25 To AUD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3045|
United Book Distributors is the warehousing and distribution division of Penguin Random House, located in Scoresby. Our operation distributes up to 35 million books per annum to its customers throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We are currently seeking applications for full-time Warehouse Storepersons as follows:
- x1 initially reporting to bulk/replenishment on day shift (7:00 am-3:30 pm)
- x1 initially reporting to receiving on day shift (7:00 am-3:30 pm)
- x2 initially reporting to the module on the afternoon shift (3:30 pm-11:40 pm)
Full-time roles will work a shift total of 40 hours per week Monday-Friday with RDO accrual (38 paid hours of work per week).
You will be responsible for performing general store and warehousing duties associated with order fulfillment, replenishment, receiving, dispatch, inventory, and returns, across the UBD site.
Tasks typically undertaken at this grade level are as follows:
- Order picking of goods from stock locations;
- Order packing of goods;
- Quality inspection of goods with a low incidence of miss-packing or damage;
- Unpacking and processing returned goods
- Replenishment scanned and put-away
- All stock is transferred to correct pallets, wrapped, and loaded onto the correct transport vehicles. All pallet orders are checked off and pieced together correctly;
- Receiving goods with receipts checked against the correct shipments;
- Allocating and retrieving goods from specific warehouse areas;
- Periodic stock checks; and
- Housekeeping in the work environment.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Generalist store/warehousing experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand detailed instructions and work from procedures
- Demonstrated ability to undertake duties in a safe and responsible manner
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Numeracy and literacy skills to adequately perform duties
What we can offer you:
- Attractive hourly rate of $30.86 per hour (plus 20% loading for afternoon shift)
- Increase in hourly rate to $33.49 after 6 months of experience (plus 20% loading for afternoon shift)
- Generous book discounts
- Health initiatives through our Be Well program and on-site physio
- Access to online learning and other development opportunities
If this sounds like you, please submit your application by Thursday 21st July. Please outline in your application your preference for day or afternoon shift roles. Please note, due to the high volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
Penguin Random House is the world’s largest trade book publisher, boasting an impressive list of authors from cherished favorites to future classics across many genres and platforms.
In Australia and New Zealand, we are proud to work with the most talented writers, thinkers, and achievers and publish a diverse range of local and international voices. We are the leading publisher distributing books across Australia and New Zealand, focusing on speed and reliability to reach our customers and bring the very best books to readers everywhere.
Our 400+ creative and passionate people from various backgrounds and experiences work together to uphold our reputation for excellence and clear commitment to service throughout the entire publishing process and help us to achieve exceptional results.
Penguin Random House is committed to providing a workplace and culture that values diversity and inclusion across all levels of the business. We recognize and acknowledge the contribution of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. This includes, however, is not limited to, differences in gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, family status, and disability.