|Post Name||(CAN) Pharmacy Assistant|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 38000 To CAD 45000 Per Year|
|Location||Oshawa, Ontario, Canada L1G 0A3|
The Pharmacy Assistant assists the Pharmacist in the technical aspects of prescription filling and administrative duties in order to increase the Pharmacist’s opportunity to provide patient care. The Pharmacy Assistant is expected to participate in all aspects of Pharmacy Operations required of a team player. They are a key member in the delivery of superior customer service.
What you’ll do
1. Receiving prescriptions from patients, following provincial legal/regulatory conditions, and assessing the prescription for completeness i.e. Name; Address; DOB; Allergies; 3rd Party Information; Any Special Requests; Prescriber; Generic/Brand; Prioritizing Prescriptions with 21st Century Guidelines.
2. Performing Computer Functions as directed by the Pharmacist i.e. Data Entry; Price Check; Patient Information Entry/Update; Competent interpretation and processing of written prescriptions including Latin abbreviations, drug name recognition, dosage calculations; Refills; Report Generation; Patient Profile checks.
3. Filling prescriptions (always under the Pharmacist’s supervision), selecting appropriate products, performing the accuracy program, including 7-point, Visual and DIN checks, selecting and counting/ measuring & preparing appropriate products, labeling and organizing for pharmacist checking, gaining necessary approvals for verbal refills where authorized, employing ‘STOP’ forms if applicable and facilitating all aspects of Cognitive Services.
4. Maintaining Inventory Control, assisting pharmacists in maintaining appropriate stock levels of drugs and supplies, checking for and pulling expired medications at least monthly, cleaning up Will Call Bin of ‘stale’ prescriptions on a regular basis, writing up returns, ordering drugs and supplies.
Using preferred wholesalers for Pharmacy purchases as much as possible i.e. Kohl and Frisch, operating off the Telxon gun, checking off, pricing and putting away pharmacy orders, zoning the pharmacy shelves, ‘X- ing’ bottles when opened and interchangeable drug knowledge and appropriate maintenance/selection of key brands/preferred generics.
5. General Housekeeping, stocking Prescription filling supplies (Vials, labels, bags), keeping the dispensary clean, organized and neat, maintaining a clean/safe work environment as part of the team approach (i.e. dishes, garbage), and maintaining & cleaning packaging & dispensing equipment, computer, fax machine, etc.
6. Clerical Organization, filing prescriptions, invoices, reports, correspondence, and memos and completing any administrative support functions assigned (i.e. journals, accounts receivable, Aged Trial Balance).
7. Assisting with OTC Operations and ordering, stocking, and cashier duties as assigned by OTC Manager and/or Pharmacist.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Age – 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
1471 HARMONY RD N, OSHAWA, ON L1H 7K5, Canada
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.