|Hiring Organization||QUT Gardens Point Campus|
|Post Name||Administration Officer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 70650 To AUD 79660 Per Year|
|Location||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 4000|
Who are we looking for?
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is seeking an Administration Officer to join, the Faculty of Creative Industries, Education and Social Justice, Academic Division.
The Administration Officer works in the Executive Dean’s Office in the Faculty of Creative Industries, Education, and Social Justice and provides high-quality administration assistance to the Deputy and Associate Deans to support the implementation of the Faculty’s strategic and operational objectives. The Administration Officer also works closely with the Executive Assistant to support the daily operations of the Executive Dean’s Office.
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a ‘real world’ focus. We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they will need in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world.
About the Faculty
In our rapidly changing world, driving economic, social, and cultural development increasingly requires collaboration. The faculty acknowledges this context— and specifically, that how society learns, creates, communicates, and collaborates is at the forefront of all innovative and impactful contributions.
The focus of the Faculty of Creative Industries, Education, and Social Justice is to pursue research with impact and prepare our students for innovative roles as knowledge leaders at the nexus of design, education, communication, creative practice, and social change.
With an intersection of creativity, education, and social justice combined with QUT’s overall focus on technology the faculty has strong ties to government and industry which provides our courses with a real-world focus.
The faculty is comprised of the following schools:
- School of Communication.
- School of Creative Practice.
- School of Design.
- School of Early Childhood and Inclusive Education.
- School of Teacher Education and Leadership.
- School of Justice.
The Faculty of Creative Industries, Education, and Social Justice is led by the Executive Dean and the Executive Management Team comprising the dean, heads of schools, and other senior faculty staff.
As the benefits of innovative creativity are recognized by multinational businesses, creative talents are increasingly in demand in a range of industries.
A world leader across communication, design, and creative practice teaching and research, with extensive industry partnerships and a proven track record in growing the creative economy, our connections to industry and the leading-edge research we conduct strengthen our understanding that creativity has never been more valued by employers.
QUT is also a national leader in teacher education and in many areas of education research. We are a recognized leader in research and research training as evidenced by our ‘above world standard’ ranking overall in every Excellence in Research Australia assessment. We also have extensive links with partner organisations and universities in Australia and overseas.
Reflecting our vision for excellence in learning, teaching, and research, the university opened 2019 a $95 million Education Precinct on its Kelvin Grove campus. The precinct comprises imaginatively designed formal and informal face-to-face and online learning and teaching spaces and offers excellent facilities for social interaction and recreation.
The precinct’s futuristic design and its location at the heart of the Kelvin Grove campus showcase education, give it prominence, and demonstrate QUT’s vision for the faculty as a leader, innovator, and model for the university.
The School of Justice is internationally renowned for criminology and justice education and research, offering a range of undergraduate, honors, and graduate certificate options for study. The staff is also members of the QUT Centre for Justice, a think tank for producing applied solutions for a better world. The school has a strong research culture including current DECRA ARC award holders and a number of staff leading ARC projects and other research grants.
What you need to succeed
This role is dynamic and collaborative, and you will enjoy delivering service and operational excellence that ensures an exceptional experience for QUT students.
You will demonstrate:
- Education, training, or relevant experience equivalent to completion of an associate diploma with at least two (2) years subsequent relevant experience in an administrative position, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education training.
- High-level interpersonal skills with the ability to provide professional administrative support with a proven ability to collaborate and communicate professionally with a range of people at all levels both within QUT and external to QUT.
- Demonstrated digital literacy skills including the ability to effectively work with the Microsoft suite of products as well as corporate systems and other information sources to extract and interpret data, along with the ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative to identify and solve problems, manage priorities and workload to meet deadlines, and work productively without close supervision to support a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to draft high-quality, correspondence, submissions, committee documents, and reports with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Careers at QUT
Our culture is vibrant, inspiring, and challenging. It’s a world where like-minds come together with a commitment to making a real-world difference, no matter what the area of expertise.
Beyond personal and professional fulfillment, a career at QUT brings a broad range of tangible benefits. QUT is a high-quality and flexible organization that is proud of its excellent employment conditions which include but are not limited to:
- Parental leave provisions.
- Study support encompasses leave and financial assistance.
- Comprehensive professional development.
- Salary Packaging.
Open to: Applicants who have unrestricted work rights in Australia for the duration of the fixed-term appointment. In support of our strategic priority of Indigenous Australian success, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Working Rights: Applicants who wish to apply for this position should have valid working rights or eligibility to obtain a work visa for Australia.
At QUT, our values reflect what we believe in, and what is important to us as an organization. They capture our strengths, and our distinctiveness and sit alongside the priorities outlined in our Blueprint 6, and guide our decisions and actions.
QUT aims to inspire and shape the future with talented students and staff from diverse communities, united by our core values of Ambition, Curiosity, Integrity, Inclusiveness, and Innovation.