Ngāi Tahu Tourism
|Post Name||Dairy Farm Assistant|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 20 To NZD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Christchurch, New Zealand 7476|
At Ngāi Tahu Farming every day is a good day to be a farmer. We are seeking people to join us to become part of the Ngāi Tahu footprint, an area of Farming and Forestry that spans almost 100,000 ha in Te Waipounamu (the South Island).
You could be at the beginning of your career or an experienced Dairy Farmer. We want the right people to support the team, join our whānau and individually prosper in this exciting opportunity. Farm Waimakariri is located on Hunter Road, North Canterbury, half an hour north of Christchurch at Te Whenua Hou (Eyrewell).
It operates a 64 bale fully automated rotary shed, milking 1040 cows, utilizing Protrack, and has a fully pivoted irrigation system. If you want to work somewhere that utilizes the best-practice technologies, then this is the right place for you.
What will we offer you?
- Fully pivoted irrigation systems with injected effluent capability and variable rate technology.
- Access and involvement with industry-leading practices.
- 5 days on, 2 days off roster, or 6 days on, 2 days off roster during calving and mating.
- Great opportunities for learning and career progression.
- Support and guidance with industry-leading farming practices and performance.
- Competitive remuneration with health and life Insurance and excellent housing.
- As an employer, we support the mental well-being of our Khaimah and offer fully funded confidential counseling through our provider.
- Close to Oxford, Rangiora and Kaiapoi schooling and communities, and Christchurch city.
What will you bring?
- You are a high achiever in everything you do and want to take the next step in your career.
- You have a strong work ethic with a willingness to learn and progress.
- Motivated by a team and individual success.
- Committed to Ngāi Tahu Farming’s quadruple bottom line (social, environmental, cultural, and economic pillars).
- An affinity for service to our ultimate stakeholders, Ngāi Tahu whānui.
- Ability and willingness to learn and engage in Te Reo and Tikanga Māori.
Ngāi Tahu Farming is committed to ‘Kia Hoki ora at; ensuring everyone is home safe every day. Before starting with us, you will go through a range of checks, including drug and alcohol testing.